Headbanger's Ball

Every attempt by MTV to be metal or punk has always been a failure. I knew from the start that Headbangers ball would die in my eyes. We get the same shit here in canada with Much music. All this Much Loud and The punk show are just lame half assed attempts to make me think the franchise is cool and will add myself to the hords of sheep that make pop culture there religion these days.

I've never seen Headbanger's Ball, but yes Muchloud is terrible.

In the past I've tried to get Muchloud to play some real metal - however, they either cannot play the videos I've requested or just do not have them to begin with, and probably won't make an effort to get them either.

Not only that but they have a terrible habit of playing the same videos, over and over. For example, the past ten times Cannibal Corpse has been featured on the show, "Gallery of Suicide" has been played, and only that one.

I sometimes watch, because they do play some good stuff on occasion. But the new HBB is just like the old one, it's just that the trends have changed. Back in the day, you'd have to sit through Firehouse, Poison and Ratt to see a Slayer or Megadeth video. It's kind of like that now, except it's no longer Fireouse or Ratt, it's Atreyu or some other band of the like. But just like the old one, they throw some suprises in there. I've seen shows where they've played Cryptopsy, Krisiun and Hate Eternal, and sometimes even a GWAR video (GWAR was featured on the old show as well). I've seen some people bash Jasta for hosting, but it's well known he has no control over the video's that get played. But it's good promotion for Hatebreed so obviously he took the job.