Heads up: No-Brainer Deal: Toontrack Drumtracker Drum Replacer 85% Off- just $20

I was using DrumTracker switching from Drumagog. I liked the MIDI output better since I had more control. Then I would send that to Slate's Kontakt virtual instrument. I found the triggering to be more accurate than Drumagog and I could trigger by hand much faster on trickier parts. Drumagog would maybe get it right when you are paying attention, but then get it wrong on subsequent plays. The MIDI output required a play through the track, which took longer than an export/import/etc. into DrumTracker.

The "problem" is that you still need a virtual instrument or sampler. But with something like Superior Drummer, you can get the killer Avatar kit from any kit. It also does a great job with kits that have been mixed down in stereo. Or if you are augmenting a live mix.

With Trigger, yeah don't see much of a need unless you want to totally MIDI-fy the kit. This can be useful to alter hit performance, but you can get there with Trigger as well.

For $20 is a steal if you don't have another drum replacement solution. I don't even think Aptrigger is cheaper than that.

I gave this a go a while ago and I found the audio to midi conversion missed the velocity translation really bad. Even when I just tried to add 20 or so to the velocity of all the notes. Just didn't work out well.

It was exceptional at triggering though if you set everything right and took the time to have it trigger right. Way more control than real time audio to midi converters.

I liked DrumTracker, but it was unstable, doesn't work with 48k files (has to convert them and is then unstable as FUCK), and it took a lot of manual correction..

That said, it handled tempo changes beautifully and didn't produce any kind of midi offset like some other drum-to-midi features in plugins out there cough TRIGGER cough.