Heaviest song ever?

Teh Grimarse said:
heard today is the day before?

Uh, yes. They are one of my favorite bands and I consider ITEoG to be the most hated-filled, pissed off album of all-time, and SWP as one of the most schitzophrenic, pure psychotic albums of all time. They can be heavy at times, but not most of the time. When I think of omgwtfz HEAVY!!!111, it isn;t Today Is The Day.

Teh Grimarse said:
eh.

i define heavy as dense, as in thick/weighty/enveloping/overpowering, since sonic density is one of the few qualities shared by all music I would call "heavy".

in that respect, they very much are.

I disagree. They may be, using your own terms, "overpowering." But they aren't "dense" "thick" or "weighty."

To each their own though.

murderedbysound said:
Im sure Ill get heckled for this one: Metallica - Disposable Heroes

Carnal Forge- Pull the Trigger
Cannibal Corpse- No Remorse

yeh disposiable heros is a reasonably 'heavy song'
but if yuor gonna pick one from metallica i think its gotta be harvester or one :headbang:

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Anything by Immolation. I also second that Cathedral is probably the one of the heaviest bands ever, and they do it without blasting, growling, speedpicking, or anything else that resembles speed/thrash/death/black metal.

I was just about to say anything by Immolation, and then as I was searching what others had posted I realized that you had already posted. I'm glad people can see the true wisdom of the Immolation.

Thasis said:
I was just about to say anything by Immolation, and then as I was searching what others had posted I realized that you had already posted. I'm glad people can see the true wisdom of the Immolation.

NYDM :headbang:

And as to the guy who asked about the owls
rutrippin.jpg

TylerTheNuke said:
Here is a toughie, or at least I though it was when my friend asked me. Can you actually define heaviness? Nowadays, people tend to define heaviness as brutality, but that isn't quite right.

yes, you're right... heaviness does not mean brutality. It depends on each concept we have. In terms of brutality maybe I can mencione bands like Vital Remains, Lock Up, old Cannibal Corpse, Dismember, Six Feet Under and so on.
In terms of heaviness depends once again on your concept... some people can say that Helloween, Manowar, Megadeth, old Metallica, even Dream Theater are really heavy, because somehow they are considered heavy metal bands...but in my opinion the concept of heaviness is more about bands like Dark Tranquility, Carcass, At The Gates, In Flames, Terrorizer, Morbid Angel...

The Greys said:
I agree.

Death Metal for example. I love it but majority of the time the music does not sound heavy. Death Metal is like black metal in a sense it's lower (...)

no way! I totally disagree! but once again, it depends on your concept of Death Metal!!! for example, one of the biggest bands of that genre, DEATH, has the most heaviest songs I ever heard!