Heir Apparent experience *true story*

Jan 7, 2007
sun
so I popped in watershed, and I was on the "heir apparent" track and I approached a stop light. The song was just beginning and it was about a minute into, just about the time mike looses the first growls. The car next to me had its window down and they were listening to the music and seemed intrigued and interested.

However, when the first solo came around, done by Mr. Fredrick......they rolled their window up right after the ending of his solo, I felt embarresed to say the least. That part of the song ( the classic 80's riff) always kills it for me and apparently ( no pun) it did for the innocent bystander as well. :Smug: I so wish that part would have been edited out, it really kills the osng. :erk:................anyway, thought Id' share

I think you're overanalyzing the situation. Why would they roll down their windows at the end of the solo? If the solo were really that bad, wouldn't they roll their windows up as it was happening? How do growling and sinister riffs intrigue them but a solo make them cringe? And perhaps most importantly, why on earth would you feel embarrassed?

Besides, the solo really isn't all that cringe-worthy. It's terse, and I feel it adds a great deal of tension to the song.

^+9001

The average driver isn't going to roll their eyes at a widdlywoo solo. Only UltimateMetal users do that. TBH Fredrik's solo is pretty tasteful anyway.

You still have the old albums to listen to, or some other band....
Wierd!

Mike

One time, I was cranking opeth as I went through a toll booth, and as I pulled away, the car next to me pealed out and they threw me the \m/ and went woooooooooooooooooo. true story.

Mike, I don't actually like Adolf Hitler. It's just a ploy to make Nailed Reaper take down his Stalin avatar! I'm not worthy!

edit: And Mike, did you forget the password to Mikael Åkerfeldt? Cause you rarely post on Mikael Akerfeldt. Just a fanboy's observation.
double edit: How do you feel about some people already having the album in digital form?

Nah, Heir Apparent is all good. Took me a little while to appreciate it, but it is, as is usually the case with Opeth, awesome. Nay, it's Awesometh!

so I popped in watershed, and I was on the "heir apparent" track and I approached a stop light. The song was just beginning and it was about a minute into, just about the time mike looses the first growls. The car next to me had its window down and they were listening to the music and seemed intrigued and interested.

However, when the first solo came around, done by Mr. Fredrick......they rolled their window up right after the ending of his solo, I felt embarresed to say the least. That part of the song ( the classic 80's riff) always kills it for me and apparently ( no pun) it did for the innocent bystander as well. :Smug: I so wish that part would have been edited out, it really kills the osng. :erk:................anyway, thought Id' share

so what.. idiot.

You still have the old albums to listen to, or some other band....
Wierd!

Mike

hahaha amazing post, so simple, and yet with a hint of go fuck yourself TC:headbang:, hahaha maybe that's just what i got out of it, i don't want to assume anything hahaha, mikaels posts are always the best

delete thread, i haven't been keeping up on it but isn't the thred creator talking about his copy of a leaked album? possibly a leaked song(if it was released as a free download i apologise)