Heir Apparent experience *true story*

While we're on the subject of blasting Opeth with the windows down :) I have a little story to tell.

I was at a red light and happen to be blasting Demon of the Fall thinking "this song is kicking everyones ass that is 100 feet of this car" and a dude 3 cars up and to the left sticks his thumb in the upward position out the window. I was like, "FUCK YES" and as I drove by I could see him switching cd's. I love Opeth and their fans.

Although there are people that usually look at me like a pyscho, but I enjoy this just as much!

I like it best when I'm listening to raw FM radio static, and... that's it, actually. That's when I like it best.

Was at pub in the city the other day with some mates listening to some crappy rock band playing covers. They were finishing off their set and the singer guy says "we have one more song" and some bloke in the back yells "DEMON OF THE FALL!".

Needless to say no-one else knew what he was saying but we were drunk and found it hysterical.

The End.:kickass:

am i the only one who actually likes that solo...at least in relation to the music? i think it fits really well actually. i mean the middle-end kind trails off but it comes right back into the fold properly imo....and a really good lead into the acoustic section.

I was at a red light with Nectar blasting and the guy next to me rolled his window up...OMFG people don't like the same music that I do! :zombie:

I like the solo. The only bad part about the song is the confusing ending. When I saw them live about a week ago, everyone starts clapping at the "end" then the song sort of comes back on out of nowhere. It's a great song live though. I think it will be a staple for live shows for quite some time.

Was at pub in the city the other day with some mates listening to some crappy rock band playing covers. They were finishing off their set and the singer guy says "we have one more song" and some bloke in the back yells "DEMON OF THE FALL!".

Needless to say no-one else knew what he was saying but we were drunk and found it hysterical.

The End.:kickass:

hahaha! That's good shit. :kickass:

I like the solo. The only bad part about the song is the confusing ending. When I saw them live about a week ago, everyone starts clapping at the "end" then the song sort of comes back on out of nowhere. It's a great song live though. I think it will be a staple for live shows for quite some time.

Nooo...that's the good part. What are you on about?!

Whenever I'm blasting Opeth in my car and people give me strange looks or rolls up windows (if they ever do) I just blast it fucking louder! Never had someone \m/ me..that would be nice once in a while...:erk:

edit: wtf where did his post go

edit2: dont see any problem with that damn solo

yeah, its a bit pretentious having your music blasting so everyone can hear, usually only if your doing it just to annoy people or make them think your some crazy metal guy

i love opeth fans too

yeah, its a bit pretentious having your music blasting so everyone can hear, usually only if your doing it just to annoy people or make them think your some crazy metal guy

i love opeth fans too

You know, I don't know why I drive with the windows down with my music cranked. But, I do. It's not to annoy people. I'll leave it cranked at lights. But, turn it down when I go into shopping centers or public places, 'cause I hate it when I'm walking out of a store talking with someone and some idiot drives by with loud music and I have to put my conversation on hold. I double standard nearly everything.

Even at home, I crank music in my apartment. I live in an urban area where the majority of my neighbors work 9-5. So, during the day, I'll crank music while I'm doing household chores or showering. I guess I just love me some loud music!