Hello from fuckin' Hellsinki!!!

Sister: Yeah, I know I missed a ton. I mean, guestlist spot, 2 drinking band drinking sessions, countless board member drinking sessions, and all the bands! All hell...but, i mean, the plane tix shot up to like 260 euros and i had a hit to my bank account already. However, once i secure a place to live with this loan i hopefully get from my aunt/mom/family i think i'll be better to go for travel....

Zsuzsa: Not yet, still in Kuopio. I am calling them tomorrow though, and they will tell me where to go from there. I have my eyes peeled for cheap apartments, either in the Helsinki suburbs or in Espoo, i dont know too many people from Espoo yet but i'll see if folks keep an eye out, they tell me when something comes up. Have you been there yet?

Simon: If all goes well, I'll BE here next year. :D

I haven't been there myself either but got some info from somewhere instead (about what to do and stuff).
Since I already have the residence permit I'll have to go to the Kela office to get this Kela card and a sotu (personal number), then change my driver's license to a finnish one. After that I can think about getting a job...

Yeah, I just gotta get the residence permit first. It's more difficult to obtain one for a uS citizen FROM FInland, so please, all cross your fingers for me. If i get this thing here is going to be a massive celebration that's for sure!!!! Oh yeah, cross your fingers for me gettin the loan from my family for setting up...

I mean, after 5 days in Belgium and Holland, I was indifferent on going home. After 6 rainy days in Bergen, i liked Norway but kinda wanted to go home. After 3 weeks here, I actually can honestly say if I had to leave here i'd go nuts. I can't stand the thought of going back to Filthadelphia....i mean i got my buds there, and family in the states but i just had nothin going for me. I mean, seriously, part of the reason I took this trip was cuz i wanted to actually find something that was, well, me!

And good luck findin your job, Zsuzsa...I think you're gonna get on very very well here, mi amigo!!! :D

Hey Fen, best of luck. Hope it works out for you.
wavey.gif

_Zsuzsa_ said:
@Sister of Sorrow: Haha, I meant that there was actually a HUGE crowd at Corner ;p And about drunken finnish gayness; so very true! haha But it's the same at home as well, men can freely be gay and remain unjudged while drunk :lol:

haha, then I misunderstood....shame on everybody in Corner Bar even more then that you didn't come over to be part of the BEST METALFESTIVAL IN THE WORLD :headbang: !

_Zsuzsa_ said:
I so regret that I didn't have a cam with me when Petri, Jari and some third guy hugged and sang along with The Final Countdown :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine that.

Corner Bar rocks!!!

Fenrir13 said:
Sister: Yeah, I know I missed a ton. I mean, guestlist spot, 2 drinking band drinking sessions, countless board member drinking sessions, and all the bands! All hell...but, i mean, the plane tix shot up to like 260 euros and i had a hit to my bank account already. However, once i secure a place to live with this loan i hopefully get from my aunt/mom/family i think i'll be better to go for travel....

All the bands ???? Heh, I spent my time either getting fuckin wasted or getting rid of my hangover so i did see only 2% of all the bands playing there.... :oops: Shame on me, I wanted to see many more bands but I just wasn't able to walk or stand longer than 10 minutes most of the time....and it was so fuckin hot in Wacken,too !!!
You should book the flight earlier next year that you get it cheaper cos you have to experience that festival !!! Definately!!!

Then I'll SMS you on Aug25th when I've arrived in HELLSINKI!!! See ya in Tavastia !!!Yeeeeeahhhhhhh :headbang: :hotjump: :Spin: :loco: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

@Tal: Just gotta remind you the obvious: the pink cloud will pass after a while and that's when you seriously have to think if you wanna stay or not. Mine just passed recently and it is constantly giving me a hard time to put everything in order in my head... damn, some more shit to talk about the next time we meet ;q

@Sister: well fuck it, no fun for those who lack the money :p (read: no Wacken for me since I was broke ;))

Thanx all of ya, seriously. I think i will indeed be ok and stuff'll fall into place. And Zsusza, most definatly we'll chat. But for me, honestly, I think my 'pink cloud' so to speak has passed and i got to experience a lot in 3 weeks, a lot of all kinds. I have seen a lot and i just have this feeling of i really dont like Philly...but i know what you are sayin. 3 week so far and more time passes and all i am thinkin about is that I dont wanna go...when ya get deja vu in a place regularly its hard to not wanna stay. i mean of course once i seal the deal so to speak and wanna live here i might experience sum stuff but who knows. at this point, i just think that whatever happens happens....and for sum reason, i'm here and wantin to stay....:) But i do hope stuff works out for ya, SMS me anytime!

Sister, i await your SMS; i dunno how early i'll be at Tavastia that day, but we shall see!

_Zsuzsa_ said:
@Sister: well fuck it, no fun for those who lack the money :p (read: no Wacken for me since I was broke ;))

Mmmh sorry for you, don't wanna bother you with my enthusiasm. But fuck yourself for having the TUSKA FESTIVAL where i would have LOVED to go but lacked the money :p ;)

@Fenrir: I agree with pretty much of all what you're saying, always when I come home from any cool event I recognize HOW MUCH I hate my home and how much I wanna change something and not live here anymore.... :yell:

Yeah dude, its like, i KNOW that if I go home i'll want to go back like right away, so why bother. :) I mean, sure, lets wait one more month, and see if I am sick of it yet, but i just feel so damn...comfy here, its like I dont feel like a 'tourist' anymore. I dont feel 'native' but i dont feel 'tourist.' And i even find myself pronouncing things in the Finnish way, a sure sign of starting to settle(while i dont understand it spoken too well at all yet I can read simple things....), like my buddy who went to Scotland for 2 months, came back with a full blown Scot accent :tickled:

Yeah you're damn right, I've spent maybe 2 weeks in Helsinki and feel almost native there cos it' such a wonderful city with cool people...I just love the Finish mentality, difficult to explain but it's so different from Germany, their black humour and everything...I just feel like being born in the wrong place here... :erk:

@Tal: It's good to hear that you are comfortable with things already ;) And I know that you've went through a lot in the past weeks so I think you're right about your pink cloud as well (that it's gone I mean :p )
In my case it's not that easy tho, because I already miss home and my family.. ah well, these are the problems that we have to solve together with my suomalainen ;)

@Sister: Tuska festival uber alles! ;D Any band in particular that you wanted to see?

_Zsuzsa_ said:
@Sister: Tuska festival uber alles! ;D Any band in particular that you wanted to see?

:D Well, I wanted to see Ensiferum, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Nightwish, Dew Scented, Charon...
But I wanted to go there mainly to experience the atmosphere of a Finish Metal Festival, I'm sure you know what I mean...total fuckin' drunkenness :kickass: :D

Indeeldo. Finnish drunkness is teh legend ;D My fav drinks here are Two Dogs (australian lime beer ;O ), cider |,,/ and Karhu ;q

Of the bands you've listed I especially liked Ensiferum and Dew-Scented.

So far I am hooked on the Pear Cider, Apple Cider, Strawberry Cider, White Russians(well, I drank them anyway :p ), Koff, Lapin Kulta Ice, i do want some more Absinthe(tho my first encounter with it), drank enough Jack to make Slash proud, and I have been loving Minttu lately as well. And Salmiakki....mmmm......

damn, ive just been drinkin any damn thing....:D as for food I got hooked on that dark Finnish bread, which i eat with anything, got hooked on tuna fish sandwiches with mustard(funny story), and of course the varied different kinds of pizza here cuz pizza is the ultimate hangover food. :D I never really had tonnikala and katkarapu(tuna and shrimp) on pizza before....and the toast in Corner Bar just owns my american ass. :D