Helloween and Stratovarius

Any time for you sir. Head on over to Frankfurt! The beer here is stellar, not Stella ;) :kickass:

How did you manage that discrepancy? :lol: *impressed*

Haha you damn Wessie! Everyone knows that the good beer is in Leipzig!

That discrepancy is pretty impressive. I guess somebody was a wee bit drunk and tired

I for one think it is great when people can relate a song to their belives.

I know Power Quest isnt religious, but I get a happy vibe from their lyrics...

Eh, bad example.

Ok, in DragonForce's "Inside The Winter Storm"

"A light for the world will save us tonight"

In Christianity, Jesus is sometimes reffered to as a light for the world.

But at the same time, Sam dosent give a fuck about religion :lol:

I suppose its all how you look at it, and how you can relate to it. And as long as you enjoy the music, its all good.

+1 SadClown

And the fact that most music can be interpreted in so many ways, can represent so many emotions. I don't get people that can do without music in their lives :p To me music is like a religion itself. I can relate most of my emotions and moods to songs, styles and different bands, and my emotions and moods usually determines what music I listen to :D

+1 SadClown
I don't get people that can do without music in their lives :p :D

me either, i've met someone who absolutely hates music - any type - i could not believe myself that such person could exit - but again he is the most deeply unhappy person I have ever met...

me either, i've met someone who absolutely hates music - any type - i could not believe myself that such person could exit - but again he is the most deeply unhappy person I have ever met...

You know whats kinda funny about this? Of all the most brutal rulers in the world I cannot think of one that did not enjoy music. Hitler did. Stalin did. Mao did. Hannibal did. Not sure about Attila but there is a pretty badass song about him. Music is almost as important as food and water and this person doesn't enjoy it? That ALMOST makes them worse then the people listed above.

I wouldn't go that far, Alex.

I know a girl who can't listen to music, though. It's some neurological affliction she has that actually causes her pain when she hears it. It's bizarre, I'll have to find the name of it again.

Then again, we've been socialized to listen to music. Perhaps when you have a neurological affliction like that you've never gotten socialized with music and because of that don't really care for it.

I wouldn't go that far, Alex.

I know a girl who can't listen to music, though. It's some neurological affliction she has that actually causes her pain when she hears it. It's bizarre, I'll have to find the name of it again.

Weird. Maybe not go that far but you gotta admit if even the most evil people the world has seen thought music was important then someone who thinks it is useless is quite...wrong. Now that girl has a reason not to, hopefully they are working on a cure otherwise we need to start working on one!