help....:o

HellFire

Hawkwind
Aug 12, 2003
England
im in one of those need to find more music moods....

can people recomend some GOOD power metal/prog bands (mainly power )....that sound similar to sx and startovarious....

so far i found

evergrey
rahpsody

i was looking for something REALLY heavy but with symphonic styles too

sorry for off topic post

Children of Bodom (the vocals are harsh but you'll probably REALLY dig the music) (get Hatebreeder)

Blind Guardian (get Imaginations from the Other Side)

Angra is the 2nd best band Ive ever seen live (after SyX) check them out (I reccomend Rebirth).

Nightwish (great powermetal with a classically trained operatic female vocalist) (get Wishmaster)

Gamma Ray (get powerplant)

Edguy (get Vain Glory Opera)

Rage (get Unity)

Pagans Mind (get Celestial Entrance)

Silent Force (get Infatuator)

Thats all I could think of off the top of my head. Enjoy! :)

Balance of Power, Hammerfall, Majestic, Time Requiem, Fairyland, Dragonforce, Power Symphony, White Skull, Kamelot, Ed Guy, Avantasia, Thy Majestie, Dark Moor, Celesty, Heavenly, Dionysus, Dream evil, Falconer, Falkirk, Freedom Call, Grave Digger, Highland Glory, Helloween, Iced Earth, Insania, Iron Mask, Jag Panzer, Legend Maker, Lost Horizon, Mob Rules, Metalium, Nocturnal Rites, Luca Turilli, Supreme Majesty, Virgen Steele, Apocralyptica, Zandelle, There are lots of bands that are great. I own atleast one album from each of these bands and I love them all.

ADAGIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check out underworld - best neo-classical album ever (and ive only heard 3 mp3's!)