hex omega

sgswimmer

Sep 28, 2008
does anyone like this song?

i love it, and its one of my favorite opeth songs...but when i was reading reviews today on the watershed album, none of them even mentioned it
which led me to realize, barely anyone ever mentions it.

someone said in another thread that it takes some getting used to, and i honestly dont see how you could not like that song
i could be wrong though :p

I love that song, its one of my favourites off Watershed. I love the fact it never really goes where you would expect, the opening riff never reappears and seems to build it self up to a reprise of the chorus riff at the end but finishes with that slow grinding riff. Also I love the fact that each time the ending riff is repeating the drums are doing something different. It reminds me of tool a bit, especially the drumming. Great Song.

when i first heard it i thought it was pretty boring but it has grown onto me and it is probably my favourite song off watershed now.

its one of my least favorites on WS. Im really starting to get into Porcelain Heart even though Ive heard alot ofpeople say its their least favorite on the album. I may catch some shit for this but right now Heir Apparent is my least favorite.

I guess it's one of those songs that you either love or hate...not much middle ground. When I first got Watershed, it was the one that I listened to the most. And I still love it. How it goes from such a huge epic beginning into a beautiful, almost fragile, verse. Classic Opeth moment. Never understood why it didn't get more love around here.

I may catch some shit for this but right now Heir Apparent is my least favorite.

Die! :heh:

But yeah, I think Hex Omega works well as a closer, especially following the epic that is Hessian Peel. I see it almost as a reversal of Patterns in the Ivy and Blackwater Park.

The intro is cool. The rest of it, I'm sorry to say, is boring as fuck. A definite low point of the album I'd say.

I may catch some shit for this but right now Heir Apparent is my least favorite.

after learning heir apparent on guitar...it kinda lost its flair for me

its still one of my favorites, but not my favorite on watershed

hex omega IS my favorite

Hex Omega is mindblowing, and leaves the listener wanting -but to revisit the earlier parts of the album rather than further music.

I think Watershed is great as a thought-provoking piece rather than a story told, which separates it from the other albums.

Hex Omega is mindblowing, and leaves the listener wanting -but to revisit the earlier parts of the album rather than further music.

I think Watershed is great as a thought-provoking piece rather than a story told, which separates it from the other albums.

well said

+1