Hey do you have any tattoos guys?

I don't have any tattoos. Been toying with the thought of getting one, but seeing as you don't really need one to be metal (at least if the regulars around here are anything to go by) I think I'll put it off a while longer.

I do not have one yet as the US Military strongly frowns upon getting tattoos while on duty now, they didn't care until a few years ago. I plan on getting a small, hidden tattoo later on though, most likely of my division's logo.

So most of you(actually all of you I think haha) don't have tattoos. I understand. :)

As for me, yeah, I also don't have any but it's kinda because I don't really like them and it doesn't really matter to me if I have it or not. It's also illegal/disrespectful to have tattoos on your body around here because of the religion around here.

So is Judaism against tattoos in general, or does this only apply to jews in Israel?
It's like a crime to have tattoos in Judaism, but not a crime in Israeli law or anything. And because a lot of people around here are religious they may get angry if they see someone with tattoos. Despite the fact that it's really none of their business, haha.

Nice Q and A threads you have going on recently, man. Mixes things up a bit. I don't have any, don't really think highly of them or want any. Once in a blue moon I think I might sort of almost like one sort of....then I just think of what it would look like when you're old a wrinkley.

It's like a crime to have tattoos in Judaism, but not a crime in Israeli law or anything. And because a lot of people around here are religious they may get angry if they see someone with tattoos. Despite the fact that it's really none of their business, haha.

Does it have to do with the fact that Jews got tattooed against their will in the camps during WWII?

Nice Q and A threads you have going on recently, man. Mixes things up a bit. I don't have any, don't really think highly of them or want any. Once in a blue moon I think I might sort of almost like one sort of....then I just think of what it would look like when you're old a wrinkley.
yeah man, I thought it would be nice to create some threads that are just a question, so everybody can share their answers with everybody. Definitely mixes things up a bit :)
Does it have to do with the fact that Jews got tattooed against their will in the camps during WWII?
I don't know, man, I was obviously not alive back then and my grandparents aren't holocaust survivors. But no, I don't think there was anything to do with tattoos back then. I also kinda hate to talk about this subject because of how sad it makes me just to think about it. I'm an irreligious jew but my heart is with all of those that died back then.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it is a religious thing that prohibits Jewish people from getting tattoos. There's a line in the Bible somewhere about getting marks on your skin, that kind of thing. SL would know more about this than me... but yea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it is a religious thing that prohibits Jewish people from getting tattoos. There's a line in the Bible somewhere about getting marks on your skin, that kind of thing. SL would know more about this than me... but yea.
YEAH. Definitely. It's mentioned somewhere in the bible that it prohibits to draw on your body or whatever, and tattoos are like drawing on your body so yeah.

HOwever I must say that I'm not religious so I actually can have tatoos on my body. But I just don't want it, not that I'm not ALLOWED to have it.

But in World war 2 there were numbers that JEws were forced to have which is kinda like drawing on their bodies. It wasn't considered as a tattoo back then but it was like drawing on your body which the bible prohibits.

Hmm that'S all rte? sry I'm a ,ltte tired rite now from all the posting. i kind of force myself to polst so mch.

later gys hope i naswered your needs

YEAH. Definitely. It's mentioned somewhere in the bible that it prohibits to draw on your body or whatever, and tattoos are like drawing on your body so yeah.

HOwever I must say that I'm not religious so I actually can have tatoos on my body. But I just don't want it, not that I'm not ALLOWED to have it.

But in World war 2 there were numbers that JEws were forced to have which is kinda like drawing on their bodies. It wasn't considered as a tattoo back then but it was like drawing on your body which the bible prohibits.

Hmm that'S all rte? sry I'm a ,ltte tired rite now from all the posting. i kind of force myself to polst so mch.

later gys hope i naswered your needs

I'm not a Jew, nor am I a Nazi, but I have read the Bible and I have read the diaries of some family members who died in the Holocaust or were Nazi's. From my understanding the Bible prohibits any kind of drawing on the body. Now my family is pretty well rounded when it comes to the Holocaust, I am related to 2 people who worked in the camps and I am related to Saint Maximilian Kolbe who died in Auschwitz as a prisoner. All prisoners were given a number in order to organize them, the numbers had to be tattooed on in order to make them permanent, however if the Nazi's were planning on killing people why not just recycle the numbers? The reasoning I got from my great uncles diary (don't worry he turned traitor when Maximilian died and killed his CO ) is the numbers were not recycled because it was a random process AND it was demeaning to the Jews and also dehumanized all the prisoners. Quite sickening really, I almost wanted to get a tattoo like that but I figure that many people will take that as SUPPORTING the Holocaust instead of OPPOSING it.

Uh huh man.....

Have you heard of the holocaust museum here? its called yad vashem, i've been there a few times. it's close to my home.