Hey Doommaker

Metal Flame

Dec 12, 2001
St.John's,NF
drink.to
I picked up that Mayhem album "Mediolanum Capta Est" and its fucking deadly.The first song "Silvester Anfang"sounded familiar for some reason even though I dont have anything else by them.But on the ABSU cd I have, they cover that same song under a different name (I cant remember what its called off the top of my head though).

I was wondering who you are so I can get those Burzum cd's off ya sometime, and have you read "Lords of Chaos:The fiery rise of satanic metal"(or something like that) Im gonna order it today.I heard it was highly deadly.

Oh yeah, do you (or anyone else) have any black-metal suggestions? Im fairly new to the genre and I dont really know what to look for....

I have:
Marduk-Nightwing
Mayhem- Mediolanum Capta Est
ABSU-3rd Storm.../Mixed
Lots of King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Burzum-Hvis Lyset Tor Oss
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle...

help me out will ya...

I have the lords of chaos what I don't like about it is the fact that they Death metal is Dead and Black metal has arrived. BULLSHIT. Death Metal never died, is more dominant then ever. Black metal is good too, especially the authentic stuff but Black Metal evolved from Death Metal. Always remember that folks. Venom, Celtic Frost, Destruction, Sodom, Slayer and earlier Speed/thrash bands created DEATH METAL. Death Metal is one of the strongest Metal forces going in the Underground. It's just not too many besides myself and a few of my bandmates know about these particular bands.:mad:

Burzum? Harry my man, what are you listening to? I heard some of their stuff and it was horrid!!! It sounds like one song over and over... I prefer melodic music to that...even in the "black" metal catagory.

You can contact me over ICQ, my number is 20362233, or by email: mikewicks5@hotmail.com

I've heard of Lord Of Chaos, but i've never seen it for sale in any stores, so i've never read it. Silvester Anfang is on Mayhem's first album, Deathcrush originally. Its not performed by the band though, some other guy is credited for it.

Burzum does have nazi philosophies, but its more along the lines of anti-christian as apposed to Anti-Jewish. Varg is pretty messed up, I'd consider him insane, but he's still wrote some pretty cool shit. The production is bad on a lot of Burzum stuff because, well, most production on early black metal albums is terrible.

Other black metal bands i like are : Old Mans Child (excellant guitar work), Lord Belial, some Emperor, Darkthrone (A Blaze In The Northern Sky is really good, not too fond of anything else though). I havn't been into black metal too long myself, so i'm not familiar with many black metal bands.

Jesus, I didnt know he was a nazi! I mean shit! thats bad news.
Actually, I heard that alot of Scandinavian Black-Metal bands were nazi's but I dont know which ones are and which ones arent.

On another note, I found Burzum to be fairly good musically,I wouldnt buy their cd or anything, but if this guy(Count Grishnack)
is as nuts as people are saying he is then why not give it a listen.I mean look at G.G. Allin,he was a fuckin maniac!and his music sucks(like I could shit better music...)but I got his cd anyway just because of his reputation of being one of the sickest performers ever.

Fuck,this is gettin out of hand....

I wouldn't be surprised if most black metal bands, including Dimmu Borgir (probably the biggest black metal band, w/ Cradle) had some racist/nazi views (some form anyway). Varg, Euronymous and co, took the whole thing a step furthur, they actually burned down christian churches, but, with the exception of the dude from Emperor killing the gay guy, they never killed anyone because of their religion or race.

I tend not to have much of a solid view on the situation, for all most people know, they could have a somewhat valid reason (in their minds) for doing what they did. Varg claims he killed Euronymous because Euronymous was planning to kill Varg, and Varg wanted to up the odds and get to Euronymous first. A lot of people think Varg killed him because Euronymous was more "evil".

Metal Flame, your point is perfect. Varg was crazy, so were Euronymous and Dead (former mayhem singer, killed himself), and that is probably one of the big reasons people pickup a Mayhem or Burzum cd, too see what was the basis of all their madness.

That was one of the main reasons I started listening to Burzum.
I dont care what anyone says, the song " Ea, Lord of the Depths" fuckin rules!So does "Jesus'Tod" and "The Crying Orc".

Piece...:D