hey joey haters.. see this and Shut the fuck up!!

Shit,............i prefer an "big 4" one with an equal time for every band..........Not a Metallica one, they fuckin' bored me :zzz::zzz:

It's a Metallica DVD, so we should be happy we still get an hour from every other band. Thats more time for other bands than the band whos DVD it is :D

Also the other three only played around an hour, so the only thing they could do is cutting half of Metallica's show so every band gets the same playtime, but that would be silly.

ANTHRAX is an 80's metal band wether you like it or not....if you like grunge better listen to Pearl Jam.

Anthrax is an 80s thrash metal band, what he meant was Joey is an 80s hair metal singer. 80s metal is a widely accepted synonym for 80s hair / glam metal.

Anthrax is an 80s thrash metal band, what he meant was Joey is an 80s hair metal singer. 80s metal is a widely accepted synonym for 80s hair / glam metal.
well he's quite wrong then, isn't he. i don't remember Joey fronting any "80s hair metal" band. but i do recognize him really well as the lead singer for a thrash metal band called Anthrax.

but more to the "point", why should singing melodically in a higher key be something "bad" or to be made fun of? it is unusual in a thrash band, especially depending on how heavy the band sounds, but who can argue that some of Anthrax's fastest, heaviest, and BEST songs did not come out of the Joey Belladonna era?

Anthrax at their prime, when they were the most relevant, were more of a fun, energetic, speed-metal thrash band, not so dark, heavy, and sinister as other thrash bands, and Joey fit right in wearing the Injun hat with the Bermuda shorts. to me, Joey represents a part of Anthrax at their best, and that's what he should be associated with, not some rejected Britney Fox singer.

peace \m/

well he's quite wrong then, isn't he. i don't remember Joey fronting any "80s hair metal" band. but i do recognize him really well as the lead singer for a thrash metal band called Anthrax.

but more to the "point", why should singing melodically in a higher key be something "bad" or to be made fun of? it is unusual in a thrash band, especially depending on how heavy the band sounds, but who can argue that some of Anthrax's fastest, heaviest, and BEST songs did not come out of the Joey Belladonna era?

Anthrax at their prime, when they were the most relevant, were more of a fun, energetic, speed-metal thrash band, not so dark, heavy, and sinister as other thrash bands, and Joey fit right in wearing the Injun hat with the Bermuda shorts. to me, Joey represents a part of Anthrax at their best, and that's what he should be associated with, not some rejected Britney Fox singer.

peace m/

I guess it's just a matter of taste. Given the precondition that both Bush and Joey hit all notes perfectly it just depends on what you prefer: High or low voice, melodically or aggressive. I love both, but i heard Bush singing the Joeythrax songs perfectly and never heard Joey singing a Bushthrax song even half-decent (although one has to admit he only tried "Only" and we don't have a good recording to judge it). So i would prefer Bush fronting Anthrax, especially since the new songs are clearly written for a lower, darker, more aggressive voice, and i really loved Fight 'Em and want to have a good studio recording. But i can live with Joey and i am curious what he does with the Worship Music material.

You know... there really aren't that many Joey "haters" posting on the board. I prefer Bush but I'd rather have Joeythrax than Nothrax. I hope Heaven And Hell makes it on the album as a cover. At least a B-side.

"and music.... well it's just entertainment folks"

It's rare for singers to be spot on live.

You know... there really aren't that many Joey "haters" posting on the board. I prefer Bush but I'd rather have Joeythrax than Nothrax. I hope Heaven And Hell makes it on the album as a cover. At least a B-side.

"and music.... well it's just entertainment folks"

It's rare for singers to be spot on live.

Hm, i think Joey was great in Sofia, but i don't think he should sing any Dio... the Heaven & Hell part was just embarrassing vocally. It's just not his range.

ANTHRAX is an 80's metal band wether you like it or not....if you like grunge better listen to Pearl Jam.

Seems like they were a non-80's Metal band longer than then they were an 80's Metal band.
But, just to be clear, you think Bush era Anthrax sounds like Pearl Jam? :guh:
Anyway, glad you dig the 80's. Power to you, that's cool.... but I just don't. I did in the 80's however. Just can't stand it anymore.

Listening to Devin Townsend has undoubtedly destroyed your hearing along with your musical taste. I noticed Bush forgot to include Eddie Vedder in his list of 20 most influential singers.

No, Listening to Mr. Bungle has given him a keen musical ear. Leave Hevy Devy out of this.

Seems like they were a non-80's Metal band longer than then they were an 80's Metal band.
Anyway, glad you dig the 80's. Power to you, that's cool.... but I just don't. I did in the 80's however. Just can't stand it anymore.

He's drinking the Joey cool-aid or he's a troll... or both. His next post will be something along the lines of "Bushbabies blahblahblah move on even though for some reason I can't move on."

I love both, but i heard Bush singing the Joeythrax songs perfectly and never heard Joey singing a Bushthrax song even half-decent (although one has to admit he only tried "Only" and we don't have a good recording to judge it).

Well, this isnt fair. Bush could obviously not sing the old JOey stuff without tweaking it. They had to de-tune the guitars and he still struggeled in places. However he did try to make the songs as much his own as he could without deviating to much from the original. He also had years and years to do this and see what would work and what did not.

Joey performed "Only" twice or is it three times now? Is it really fair to judge from that (and from LQ audio as well)? From what I heard they just rehearsed once with Joey before the first show as well (dunno if thats true though). Give it some time. People have decapitated Joey even before he took tone. But of course he wont sound like Bush. They have different voices and different ranges. I dont think he will try to sound like Bush either when it comes down to it.

Those glam fags had nothing to do with metal in the first place, hardrock at best. 80's metal is Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica or Anthrax IMO. Oh and no Joey has nothing in common with Vince Neil or Brett Michaels....

I love the more obscure stuff by the way, Sacred Reich, Dark Angel, Sodom, tankard, Exhorder, Vio-Lence, Wargasm, Razor, DRI, Artillery and so on, but everybody here is always only talking of Slayer and Metallica and the likes.

I guess it's just a matter of taste. Given the precondition that both Bush and Joey hit all notes perfectly it just depends on what you prefer: High or low voice, melodically or aggressive. I love both, but i heard Bush singing the Joeythrax songs perfectly and never heard Joey singing a Bushthrax song even half-decent (although one has to admit he only tried "Only" and we don't have a good recording to judge it). So i would prefer Bush fronting Anthrax, especially since the new songs are clearly written for a lower, darker, more aggressive voice, and i really loved Fight 'Em and want to have a good studio recording. But i can live with Joey and i am curious what he does with the Worship Music material.

Come on man, agressive, like ANTHRAX ever was an agressive band. Yeah maybe in some way but John Bush is not even close to being as agressive as Slayer, Dark Angel, Sodom or Destruction. There's no need for ANTHRAX to be hyper agressive, they never were and they never will be. It was the mix between heavy riffs and melody that made them stand out, not their "agression"...

Well I personally cannot stand anything Devin Townsend has ever done but you don't hear me bitching about it on his forum...

After seeing those clips I'm 100 percent certain that...there's no future for Anthrax with Joseph Bellardini! Not very successful one anyway!

T:)