Hey Morganna.

What Derick said. Also, I use smilies often as well so I don't take great offense to them as much as others do. What we need to do is slap the kids that drop 4chan references left and right like it's a new board that opened yesterday.

E-slaps.

Tears.

Edit: If you want to get real technical, last 4chan reference I dropped was September fourth. The cat isn't 4chan, that's Bash.

i really don't see the point in calling people out when they're new and they just don't know stuff. like cara said, no one's really that interesting after a handful of posts unless putting personal information in the internet's a really high priority, or they're just inherently a spaz.

but jay's whole making fun of isabel's creepy dude-run-in def wasn't cool. i'm really not down with that shit.

but jay's whole making fun of isabel's creepy dude-run-in def wasn't cool. i'm really not down with that shit.

Yeah that's not cool, I've had the whole nine yards with creepy dudes and the whole nine yards with rape, though a few months more than 6 years ago... so I can definitely say it's not something to joke about. The word "rape" is thrown around ALL the time, I don't let it offend me even though I can apply it to myself, so I am inclined to bitch slap anyone who makes fun of someone for being in a situation like that.

On a sort of related note, the fact that I have been raped has added to my sort of strange anxiety about getting these flowers from this weirdo. I'm not totally paranoid, just thought that might further explain why I am freaked out.

That is different, but I still think meanness and flaming should be reserved for newcomers who are excessively stupid/uninformed or dicks.
I agree, which is why I made the reply I did. I fully support bashing idiots and wankers, but Morganna's done nothing wrong, and I never cared for people who dislike someone for a stupid reason and who want others to dislike them too.

Thank you Stormo.

I haven't really taken it personally really. Now, at first I thought it was all joking, but I think the only reason is that I am new. Some people just fear change. I guess that is human nature.

Yeah that's not cool, I've had the whole nine yards with creepy dudes and the whole nine yards with rape, though a few months more than 6 years ago... so I can definitely say it's not something to joke about. The word "rape" is thrown around ALL the time, I don't let it offend me even though I can apply it to myself, so I am inclined to bitch slap anyone who makes fun of someone for being in a situation like that.

On a sort of related note, the fact that I have been raped has added to my sort of strange anxiety about getting these flowers from this weirdo. I'm not totally paranoid, just thought that might further explain why I am freaked out.
*hugs Jen*

more people have been though that kind of stuff than will come forward about it, unfortunately. i think it's an amazing show of strength when someone does make an experience like that public, though of course it's horrible that it had to happen in the first place.