Hey rebirth/truelight/mags

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
Still always think of you as the magister templi, but I'm way old school for the nevermore board. What's new in Oz, man? Seen a few posts, you listening to anything new or crazy?

A friend just gave me a copy of Destroyer 666's newest album, and they got a killer old-school vibe. Anyhow, just thought I'd see what's up.:cool:

What's new in Oz, man?

AHH AT WORK, VACATION HAS FINISHED, OFF TONIGHTTO THE LATINO FESTIVAL, 3 BANDS ETC, THOUSANDS OF BABEZ...

Seen a few posts,

YEAH MAYBE 1 OR 2 A DAY...

you listening to anything new or crazy?

YEAH TODAY I WATCHED 5 BAND CLIPS OF THE EARCHACHE SITE, A MUST DO....DECEMBER WOLVES ARE STRETCHINGIT HEY???

YEAH FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY NEW BAND TODAY FOR ME, NEW FOR 2003 WILL BE A DIRECTION INTO GOTHIC AND INDUSTRIAL..UNCHARTED WATERS...

A friend just gave me a copy of Destroyer 666's newest album, and they got a killer old-school vibe.

YEAH, I DIDN'T CARE FOR IT REMINDS ME OF OLD VENOM, TOO SLOW...CHECK OUT ATOMIZER FROM VICTORIA, THEY PLAY FAST BLACK METAL OLD SCHOOL...

Anyhow, just thought I'd see what's up.

YEAH STILL PACING THE METAL ...IRON MAIDEN'S NEW ONE IS IN MY HOME CD PLAYER..RECORD PLAYER IS BLACK SABBATH - MOB RULEZ, TAPE PLAYER IS 7 CHURCH'S- BLEAK INSIGHT..

CAR PLAYER IS FATES WARNING - PERFECT SYMETRY

Ahh, December Wolves. I love their new album. Blistering and pissed off proper.

Have to check out atomizer. Destroyer 666 has a lot of Venom influence, but I dig it, a trip down memory lane.

Have fun that festival, latino babes are muy caliente as they say. Recommend some Red Harvest for heavy industrial vibe, dark and cold.

Moving to a colder climb in a couple of days, happy about that. Going to grad school, can't wait.

here;s an article i found..I hope its structure and grammar is to your likeing...

31 December 2002 - ATOMIZER - By Hollie B.
In the year of 1998 three Melbourne men gave birth to a heavy metal child who they named Atomizer. The idea was that this little creature would sound sort of like old skool black metal, with an overwhelming rock and roll presence meshed with a more modern sound. Fast forward to August 2002, and Atomizer has come out kicking with its big grown-up teeth bared. With a new line-up, a couple of albums under the bullet-belt and the boys getting ready to go back into the studio this year, means Atomizer is on the way to ‘makin’ it’ big. Atomizer have performed at two Metal For The Brain’s now, last year’s being the final curtain for their then guitarist Justin Allen. He left, and within three weeks Jason (vox/bass) and Suds (drums) had found an even better replacement. “Since Saundies has joined its really revolutionised the band and the way things are done”. Saundies has well proved his weight in live shows as well, with two national tours of New Zealand this year, and a stack of shows played around Australia. “It’s great actually”, says Jason, “everything is much closer to my original vision for the band than its ever been”. Their second album Death-Mutation-Disease-Annihilation has just been released on French label Drakkar Productions. This is the same LP that when released on vinyl, sold out in only a few months. “The only thing we did here, in Australia, was The End Of Forever. That was originally only to be released as a vinyl LP, but it sold out really quick so we thought, we should put it out on CD just to, you know keep the flame burning so to speak…” Australian bands like Atomizer often find it easier to get signed with labels in Europe, rather than our own shores. “Actually, though it may sound ridiculous, I believe we have a greater following in countries like France and Holland than we do in Australia”. “There’s a good environment for Australian bands on a global level at the moment and I think that is simply because we’re not sheltered, we’re not overly exposed to things so we can be into whatever we want”. This could explain the many releases Atomizer have had overseas, including also Norway, England, USA, and Thailand. Because the scene is still relatively small in Australia, with no real dominant style of metal to guide fans, it leaves more room for experimentation. “You always hear of these bands that are like ‘oh man I had this thrash kinda riff so I started this new band’ but that’s bullshit”. A band should be able to mix their influences to create their own sound. Atomizer, kind of makes it a black metal sound. This is no white face painted, leather cape wearing Norwegian inspired black metal though. We’re talking more like traditional black metal, “more of a spirit than a sound”. Admittedly, it’s all a catch phrase, like anything, says Jason but “at least with black metal there’s a strong spirit that runs through it”. Black metal is a more lyrically motivated thing, that’s saying the themes run thicker, and the fans seem to feel much more passionate about its cause. “No one will tolerate a Christian black metal band, the very notion is ridiculous”. With song titles including Upon the Dying Priest I Spat, and The Only Good Human (Is A Dead Fuckin Human, lyrically Atomizer fits the mould, even if their sound may verge a little off the traditional path. There are extra elements to Atomizer, layers even, that flesh it out to make it more than just a black metal band. “Any band that’s worth their salt should be able to mix whatever influences they come with, or whatever riff they come up with into their own sort of sound. “I find that we can incorporate so many different kinds of things into our own orchestrations. I mean when you break everything down something that may actually appear on the surface and what appears on the whole are vastly different things. If I just played a riff you might think ‘geez that sounds like it came off a Motley Crue record. But how does it sound in the song? It sounds cool”. Musically, they have talent, and are obviously attracting fans from all over the world. Despite all this though, it seems that Atomizer will always stay an ‘underground’ band. Not because the boys are worried about ‘selling out’ or anything, but because its just the kind of stuff they play. “I don’t want to be one of these bands that they’ve got to get songwriters in…I don’t really know that you want someone to come and control what you do”. When you’re expected to tour 6-8 months out of the year though, perhaps you don’t have time to write. “Being with a major label and all those sorts of things, that’s what you sacrifice, an

Alright, got my attention. Gonna have to see if I can get a hold of a few songs, maybe an album or two. But not tonight, got some ladies over and one at least needs my undivided attention. See ya, mate. Have a good weekend.

wow ... seeing a post by magister templi .... that really takes me back! ... ah yes.. the good ol' days when i was too lazy to ever post anything .. :lol:

!!YAY!!
Talking about party:
This sunday we have a big party that will be held for our company.
Every year, we get one big hell of a party and national artists come to perform there.
We may vote, on our company's site, who we would like to invite and see there.
The artists play there for free, because we did our best to sell their records through out the year. It's a reward for the pain that it has costs. ;)
The biggests bands that are known here in Holland (some are breaking through, though) will come, even the band Within Temptation (and they are growing very fast over here) will perform.
The last two months were horrible, nothing but work, work, work..
So, we deserve to go out and party!
I'm gonna dance!! YEEHAW!! :lol:

xxx Iris xxx

Well, she has a good voice but she is shrieking way too much, in my opinion.
Instead, i'd rather listen to Tarja turunen, she has a more warmer and powerful voice, compared to sharon den Adel.
BUT..nevertheless, they are coming to perform for us and i like that thought. It's a reward and like we say in holland:
" een gegeven paard mag je niet in de bek kijken"..
What basically means: you shouldn't critisize what has been given to you.
Cool though ,you know Within Temptation..(forgive me my ignorance, i'm just thinking out of the box, but i don't have a clue how far known that band is..holland is small, so usually everything that comes from here, stays here..). Only a few have flown over to the states, and The Golden Earring is one i can think of.
Ok, Van Halen became big in the States too, but they started over there.
So, that's why i wondered how you know that band..

xxx Iris xxx

Yes, that's dutch too.
Arjen Lucassen is the man behind Ayreon and Star One.
Russel Allen appeared on the last mentioned, i went to see that show, it was very cool.
It's weird though, all the good things just don't seem to get the right chance. I mean, they are known at the states, yet...nothing is making 'm bigger. All this commercial crap is being rewarded, and things that do matter, just remain the same..
that's a pity, though...

xxx Iris xxx

ledmag- I agree. They've got the riff heavy mid-paced black metal down, especially with the Celtic Frost vibe they get sometimes. Right now I'm on a major doom/stoner kick, got some Sleep and old Cathedral spinning.

NECRO>>>Now youve hit the main nerve dude...yes you haev . CATHEDRAL is one of my FAVS...i haev all their stuff...If you wnat to talk aboyut that band...aguy.. and I would be more than happy.

Try BEFORE GOD....very good band.

Hey how could I miss the Cathedral mention???

LEDMAG, get the new issue of Metal Maniacs, huge Cathedral interview there!:D

Doom or be doomed. Cathedral is awesome. Before God? Have to check them out at some point. I'm bouncing around like a schitzo today. Was dooming it up, but then got pissed at my roommate so I put on Defleshed for some aggressive catharsis. Fast, razorsharp, very fun.

before god has semi black vox, with very strange guitars..i think LOM compared them to CIRITH UNGOL.

AGUY>>i looked for that mag when you said there was a poster in there...a cant find it in my area...