Hey you , Americans...

opethmaniac

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Have you got all a problem? Why don't you stop complaning ??
I mean, you're gonna see Opeth live AGAIN (for the fourth time of the year !!),they're gonna play some tracks for you they've never played live before ,you have been the only ones to be able to see them touring with Porcupine Tree etc etc...and you're complaining right now coz maybe you're gonna see Devildrider (or whatever,i don't care)as a opening band of the next tour?? Are you serious?? Are you joking?? Is this the second BUSH side effect you begin to feel or what??
They have only toured for 2 weeks for Damnation this summer and without porcupine tree,they haven't really played new tracks for us and they ALWAYS tour/play first in the USA now...
And please,don't tell me that Europeans have the DVD...believe me,it's really easier to get the DVD in import than to move to the USA just for a gig...
So,really,really please,stop complaining,just enjoy and realize how lucky you are to see them again,in good conditions ,with new tracks...

yeah,good conditions coz i don't think that they always have good conditions in Europe when they play in small unknown towns like Poitiers or Rennes...

Opeth should get dancers to strip on stage... that would make me like them.

Great post, opethmaniac. I completely agree. You ungrateful bastards need to stop complaining and enjoy Opeth. If you don't like Devildriver tune out or do something useful, just stop filling the forum with your bitching and crying.
Ok that was a bit harsh, i apologise for my remarks, as i don't want to turn this thread into a blood bath. Merry Christmas to all!

Happy Holidays to all all over the world! Yeh, I agree Opethmaniac..Opeth have graced us with thier presence (coming all the way from Sweden) and we should be happy with that..I wouldn't worry about Devil Driver and maybe Opeth will tour with PT over in Europe.

Ever wonder why everyone these days precedes every bitch and moan that has anything to do with the states with "fuckin' Americans"?

It cracks me up. Like every American is sitting at home kicking the dog and beating his wife because they have to watch Devildriver open for Opeth. I swear...I don't want this responsibility anymore. I suffer the wrath of the world because of the mistakes of a few. I'm fucking sick of it. I don't go around saying "fucking (insert nationality here)" because some dickhole opened his mouth.

You wanna know the truth? EVERYONE SHOULD STOP BITCHING! Kinda ironic, since I'm kinda bitching now...but anyway...

The truth is, WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP IN A COUNTRY WHERE MAINSTREAM ARTISTS ARE ALL POP AND RAP? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXCITED WE ARE ABOUT SEEING THESE EUROPEAN BANDS? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG WE'VE WAITED? YEARS, LITERALLY, YEARS!!! And since the U.S. is so big, you do realize that a lot of people have to travel 12 hours sometimes JUST TO SEE A SHOW...and then drive home the same night. I've been to a shitload of concerts here in Italy, and they come to Milano all the time, every week. It's no big deal to the Italians...it's just another band. WE NEVER GOT THAT CHANCE...WE HAD TO LISTEN TO CRAP AND SOMETIMES TRAVEL ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD TO PLACES LIKE WACKEN, JUST TO SEE THE BANDS WE WANT.

Reality check. Be glad you're in a place that you can see all these bands...until you live in the U.S., you don't really know what you're talking about.

Reactions: Super Mahrio
thrashmetal78 said:
The truth is, WHY DON'T YOU GROW UP IN A COUNTRY WHERE MAINSTREAM ARTISTS ARE ALL POP AND RAP? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXCITED WE ARE ABOUT SEEING THESE EUROPEAN BANDS? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG WE'VE WAITED? YEARS, LITERALLY, YEARS!!! And since the U.S. is so big, you do realize that a lot of people have to travel 12 hours sometimes JUST TO SEE A SHOW...and then drive home the same night. I've been to a shitload of concerts here in Italy, and they come to Milano all the time, every week. It's no big deal to the Italians...it's just another band. WE NEVER GOT THAT CHANCE...WE HAD TO LISTEN TO CRAP AND SOMETIMES TRAVEL ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD TO PLACES LIKE WACKEN, JUST TO SEE THE BANDS WE WANT.

Reality check. Be glad you're in a place that you can see all these bands...until you live in the U.S., you don't really know what you're talking about.

Yes, I live in America wow. Does that mean I get to see opeth? No, I have to travel across Texas (The Second Largest State) just to go see Opeth. I live in the south. The only concerts we get around here is fucking mainstream and country shit. We have like one or two venues in all South Texas. Also, quit your bullshit American generalizations. Not all Americans get to see opeth. The South has hardly had a chance to see them without having to travel great distances. So we get pissed off that we have to travel so much to see a fucking mediocre band taking the spot of a actual hard working good band. And what the fuck is a bush effect. He has no fucking influence on fucking going to a concert. Learn your shit before you make stupid posts.

first, thankyou andicried
i was getting a little pissed off by people bad mouthing americans...anyway
and i know what umdebaba is talking about
i live in florida and yet to have a car because i'm only 15...but i'm not complaining, i have never seen opeth live before

umdebaba said:
Yes, I live in America wow. Does that mean I get to see opeth? No, I have to travel across Texas (The Second Largest State) just to go see Opeth. I live in the south. The only concerts we get around here is fucking mainstream and country shit. We have like one or two venues in all South Texas. Also, quit your bullshit American generalizations. Not all Americans get to see opeth. The South has hardly had a chance to see them without having to travel great distances. So we get pissed off that we have to travel so much to see a fucking mediocre band taking the spot of a actual hard working good band. And what the fuck is a bush effect. He has no fucking influence on fucking going to a concert. Learn your shit before you make stupid posts.

Amen to that bro. Traveling thru texas is like going thru 2 countries over there. I had to go to SF to see em wit PT which I never complain about because it was the best tour I could have ever imagined. But I think the american fans just want those foreign acts as much as possible because homo-erotic RAP and country owns the states. And I'd say a lot of the local bands give me no hope for the states. The euro metal scene is so much more talented then the same bland shit people try to push on me here. I'd rather it just be Moonspell and Opeth.

Feel glad you live there, don't bitch about us and not seeing the PT tour. The festivals in euro alone are enough to make me wanna live over there and give the finger to these shitty states. Damn, I hate being apart of the country that spawned rap music.

Hey maniac, ever really wonder why Opeth tour the states so much? Maybe it's because we actually support them, buy their merch. and take them seriously. Opeth have a potential goldmine here in the U.S. They are too good to waste their time on you pissant third world europeans. Now go back to wacken it off to your friendly neighboorhood power metal band.