Hi My name's Josh and I think the metal scene can go get fucked

Kem said:
Aaaaargh.

Going The Distance is one of the most irritating songs I have ever heard. I hate it.
Ah that's by cake is it. I fucking hate that song. They used to play it all the time at a student nightclub I used to go to in England, along with loads of other lame shit. Makes me want to shoot myself with a nailgun, that crap.

Yeah that's it alright Winmar. You know what other song shits me as well from around that time, that stupid The Roof is on Fire song. What utter shit.

And Wrathy I beg to differ. Smells Like Teen Spirit and Losing My Religion are both very listenable songs in their own right. Why doesn't she go and cover some songs that people haven't heard so much. HUH. Oh that's right, she wouldn't make as much money off it.

Wrathchild said:
What, you mean making it listenable? :p.

W
It sounded like she was asleep and moaning about how someone should go shut the back gate or something. Its awful beyond compare. Seriously, its about the worst cover I have ever heard!

So what if they weren't released? I remember hearing her cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio. It just seems to me a bit too much like she was trying to latch on to the popularity of 2 very well-played songs. I guarantee you some people would have started listening to her just because they originally heard 'this chick doing a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit/Losing My Religion'. And of course she's not going to release it as a single, then she'd lose all her cool muso cred.

That said I still think it was a bit of a wanky, try-hard thing to do.

And at the risk of sounding like a stroppy little grunger, if she had any respect for the band or Kurt she wouldn't have covered a song that he hated.

Yes, she also seems to have the whole tortured artist thing going on which is a bit ridiculous too.

Though I suppose I haven't even heard 1 album of hers so I should probably shut up now.

One womans screamingly defiant tirade against the one child China policy and how it has turned it into a male dominated patriarchy that will put the womens movement back 50 years?

:)

Tori rules, and I have her Smells Like Teen Spirit cover on cd along with Winter, Crucify, Angie (stones cover?) and another song....

I didn't know she covered "Angie". I also haven't heard any Sarah McLachlan.

As for Tori's "whole tortured artist and Feminazi thing", that's just how she gets labelled by the press and categorised by ignorant people who don't listen to her music and think they know what she's all about. Her songs are so much more than personal or political bra-burning exercises.

W