His voice is gone

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
I've been watching the Opeth Royal Albert Hall stuff . . . . am I the only that sees his death vocals are completely gone? He strains, they're not brutal anymore, it doesn't even sound like him. I thought his vocals went downhill even on the newest bloodbath album. It sucks, but it was bound to happen right? I"m sure he'll try to put out another "Death" album but I think its over for him as far as the growl vocals go

Sounded great on Watershed. The live Opeth dvd is a fucking long set, would kill any man's vocals screaming that much. His voice on the next album won't be any worse than previous efforts.

Eh, his vocals were best on MAYH through Deliverance to me, so chances are I won't like his vocals much on this, but the setlist is amazing so w/e. The new album is bound to be questionable for other reasons though.

i agree about the vocals, but as code against the code said, a three hour set is fakken long, and he had done a couple of those shows before this recording. he sounded good at the first gig in stockholm so...
Yeah I agree with this. I think (am hoping) it was just a bit of a one off / tiredness from a long set.

Ive noticed this in the past few opeth gigs ive been too, including the albert hall. Cant tell whether its concious or not as theres a certain of air of david vincent in them. That said, mikes cleans are better than ever live

I dont agree at all. Mikaels vocals on Watershed is great and they are even better on The Fathomless Mastery.

But I've kind of lost intrest in Opeth as of late. I think they have kind of stagnated, I want them to do some batshit crazy stuff.

You do all know the marvels of a production studio right? that is why he sounds great in the albums.. but live.. i dunno.. youll have to check for yourselves.. to me hes losing it a little .:) still i think he does it great and hes still the best growler in my opinion.

cheers.