Hmmmmm

Dodens Grav said:
Hell yes I'm a big Venom fan! I'll be seeing you all around the boards more often too I presume. No hard feelings now, of course. :cool:
Excellent!!!! I like the fact that, one you didn't back down, two you were able to reply vulgarity free!!!!! No hard feelings then & hope to see more of you on this forum!!!!:p
SIXXSWINE-\m/
P.S. I have this Venom double disc compilation, which I dig. What records would you recommend by the band? Being that they are one of your faves?
Thanks & you can either PM me or answer on this thread.

Wyvern said:
Hehehe, I guess we need a secret initiation thing like in a fraternity :loco:
Man, I don't know. You should ask the Marine about that one.
I think it's Army Airborne that after boot camp get their "wings" pinned to
their chest by their superiors or something like that...
That sound painfull to me....
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Dodens Grav said:
Well of course most band's early stuff is the best, so you can't go wrong with Welcome To Hell, Black Metal, and At War With Satan. By the way, is the compilation you have called [iIn League With Satan[/i]? I have that one, it's a pretty good representation of the band.
Yeah, that's the compilation! Thanks for the picks. Have you hear the track that Cronos did on the Probot disc? If so, what did you think of that? That is being that you're a Venom fan...
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Dodens Grav said:
I heard it. I like the vocals, but I don't like the music much. Didn't really care for Probot at all.

I didn't care for the album either. Other than the songs with Cronos and Lemmy, the album was a letdown.

Fangface said:
heh I heard the King Diamond track and I liked it, even if this Stoner-Metal thing is not my cup of tea.

Well some Stoner Metal is my cup of tea and the only track on Probot I dislike is the K. Diamond track :)

Greeno said:
I didn't care for the album either. Other than the songs with Cronos and Lemmy, the album was a letdown.
I can't argue that the Cronos, Lemmy & KD tracks were my faves on the record. Not that they are classics, but they were the better tracks on that disc. The concept, did look good on paper though & I must give Grohl credit for giving it a try!:D

delize said:
Well some Stoner Metal is my cup of tea

Cool! What are some fo the bands you like, Delize? I just picked up the new Orange Goblin and the new Fireball Ministry (I guess they are stoner, very Ozzy/Sabbath sounding).

sixxswine said:
May the earth part before you & swallow you into the depths of hell for the remark!!!!!!:err:

:puke: Stoner Rock(I don't consider that "metal.")

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be sure to pack my bags! :)

Stoner Rock/Stoner Metal :kickass:

Greeno said:
Cool! What are some fo the bands you like, Delize? I just picked up the new Orange Goblin and the new Fireball Ministry (I guess they are stoner, very Ozzy/Sabbath sounding).

Orange Goblin is one of my favorite bands.
Some call them Stoner and some call them
Doom. I think they lean more to the Doom.
I haven't listened to their last album
enough to make a judgement yet, but I love
all their other albums.

Kyuss
Unida

Some Doom/Stoner type:
Place of Skulls
The Hidden Hand
The Obsessed
St.Vitus
Spirit Caravan
Trouble

How about you? :) You know any more I should try? I've never heard of Fireball Ministry.

delize said:
Orange Goblin is one of my favorite bands.

Time Travelling Blues is my favorite OG album. I'd never heard of them but when I saw that cover I had to get it!! :)

delize said:
Some Doom/Stoner type:
Place of Skulls
The Hidden Hand

I've not heard either one of thses. Does Wino have anything to do with The Hidden Hand? Seems like I've heard that name before.

delize said:
How about you? :) You know any more I should try? I've never heard of Fireball Ministry.

Here is a Fireball Ministry track for you to check out, I'm loving this album!

http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/fm_sinner.mp3

Here are a couple of stoner type bands I dig...

Roadsaw
Nebula
sHEAVY
Leadfoot
Loud Mouth

Can't think of any more off the top of my head. I'm not waaayy into the stoner stuff, some of the bands can start to sound the same after awhile, but what albums I have I do like.

Good is witness that I like DOOM, but I can't take stoner rock. The closest thing is when Cathedral goes a go-go :D

Wyvern said:
Good is witness that I like DOOM, but I can't take stoner rock.

What is the difference between stoner and doom? Can you give me some examples?

I like bands like Orange Goblin and Kyuss, so what are they? I always considered them stoner. If doom is the slower stuff than I guess I'm not a doom fan.

Greeno said:

I like bands like Orange Goblin and Kyuss, so what are they? I always considered them stoner. If doom is the slower stuff than I guess I'm not a doom fan.
Gee is almost as asking what's the difference between catholics and protestants :D , I guess is the flavor to my ears.

Orange Goblin, Kyuss, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Melvins has a something I can't stand, either vocally, the rythm, too much psychodelia in it, is difficult for me to explain.

On the other hand stuff like Witchfinder General, Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Memento Mori, Krux, Memory Garden, Solitude Aeturnus, Well Of Souls, Thunderstorm, Last Chapter, Cathedral sound like the most metal side of Black Sabbath, while stoner is like the bad side I guess :loco:.

The first Trouble album is doom more than stoner to me, but again that's my ear.

On the other hand when doom bands go too slow and long (sludge) and/or with growling vocals, I can't stand them either. I have only one album of that type: Teeth Of Lions Rule The Divine - "Rampton", but neither November's Doom, nor Reverend Bizarre, nor October Tide fancy me. Neither stuff like My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Anathema (I have "Draconian Times" all and all).

I've not heard either one of thses. Does Wino have anything to do with The Hidden Hand? Seems like I've heard that name before.

After Spirit Caravan broke up he (Wino) joined Place of Skulls but since they were located in Knoxville and he in Maryland he soon left them too. The Hidden Hand is his new band. I like just about anything he does.

Here is a Fireball Ministry track for you to check out, I'm loving this album!

http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/fm_sinner.mp3

Thanks it sounded good :)

Can't think of any more off the top of my head. I'm not waaayy into the stoner stuff, some of the bands can start to sound the same after awhile, but what albums I have I do like.

Thanks! I'll look for some mp3s of those bands.

I know what you mean! That's why I stick to the old stuff... like Wino! :)
I would rather have a few good than a lot of bad! But then I never know what I might miss if I don't give some a listen :)

Greeno said:

I know you didn't ask me that question, but I found a site that may help answer your question. I'd like to know the answer myself :)

http://www.doom-metal.com/faq.html#12

Wyvern said:
Good is witness that I like DOOM, but I can't take stoner rock. The closest thing is when Cathedral goes a go-go :D
Same for me, but I also like the death/doom thing like My Dying Bride.
And the first Trouble is definitely Doom Metal to me as well.

delize said:
I know you didn't ask me that question, but I found a site that may help answer your question. I'd like to know the answer myself :)

http://www.doom-metal.com/faq.html#12

I was asking the question to anyone. Thanks for the website link!

If the following statement is true then I am more of a stoner fan.

Both genres also have a common objective; they strive to create heavy music. With Stoner-rock the emphasis seems to be more on heavy groovy music whereas with Doom-Metal the emphasis is more on heavy depressive music.