Hockey fans?

DuchessOfDork

Feb 9, 2009
My Caps are really putting up a fight, this year. I know there ain't a lot of Caps fans out there, so what teams are you backing in the playoffs??

My husband and I will be parked in front of the TV tonight! C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

143913162.jpg

I live in a city without a team - so I get to choose!

The Caps have always been high on my list of teams to watch when they are on. And having the leadership that has been displyed by Ovie - having to sit on the bench for all but 7 or so minutes last week, but still being the No. 1 cheerleader - has been very refreshing in an era of spoiled athletes and their egos.

So, for me - Caps tonight as well!

I love the FLYERS, but they seem to have no motivation against Jersey. Against Pittsburgh, they had plenty of hate to motivate them, but Jersey is just lulling the FLYERS to sleep and BANG...they score. That's what the DEVILS do. That's their game. The FLYERS can't get in their heads like they did with the PENGUINS because Jersey won't get involved in the after the whistle stuff. They better figure out another plan of attack soon or they'll be out on their asses. Actually, though, I believe the loss last night was the final nail in the coffin. And now Claude Giroux is suspended for game five for his hit to the head of Dainius Zubrus. Stupid frustration penalties.

I saw that hit that Claude Giroux made. All my husband and I could say was... "wow. He's kind of a dick, isn't he?"

That was a bad shot to the head that he did. He deserves to be suspended for that crap.

My Blackhawks are out, and every team I root for since then has been knocked out. I started cheering for the FL Panthers since there were a lot of ex-Blackhawks there....gone. Then, I figured I'd jump on the Blues bandwagon....gone. Then, I started to cheer on the Preds since the stupid Coyotes beat my Hawks, now they're down 3-1 and on the way out the door...

My Caps are really putting up a fight, this year. I know there ain't a lot of Caps fans out there, so what teams are you backing in the playoffs??

My husband and I will be parked in front of the TV tonight! C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!

143913162.jpg

Not a Caps fan, but I won't be surprised if they make a run since expectations were down this year. That being said, LA looks tough, either that or the West is really weak, not quite sure.

What an ending to last night's Rangers - Caps game! If the Caps can come back to win this series after that back-breaker, they deserve to go play for the Cup.

Nothing personal against the Caps, but I seriously enjoy watching Ovenchicken lose. And I thought it was funny as hell when Dale Hunter benched him.

I'm happy the less he plays. He's actually been doing a lot more, lately. I do get the hate for "the great eight", but he's typically a nice guy off the ice so I'm glad he's playing for my team.

Though to be honest, my favorite player is Chimera. <3

Nothing personal against the Caps, but I seriously enjoy watching Ovenchicken lose. And I thought it was funny as hell when Dale Hunter benched him.

I am not a Caps fan per se, more of just a hockey fan - having said that, I think he is really showing some class leadership this season. His production, and with it his ice time, are obviously way down - but instead of pouting and asking to be traded, like so many other superstar prima donnas out there, he hunkered down and worked his butt off to earn back ice time.

My hat is off to Dale Hunter for having the balls to sit his superstar - but even more so for that star to get the message and be/become a team player.

Don't know if anyone agrees - but in my mind the Hurricanes won their Stanley Cup title because they had the ultimate self-less team captain in Rod Brind Amour. Ovechkin is starting to earn that C on his sweater - and I like what I am seeing.

Don't know if anyone agrees - but in my mind the Hurricanes won their Stanley Cup title because they had the ultimate self-less team captain in Rod Brind Amour. Ovechkin is starting to earn that C on his sweater - and I like what I am seeing.

I TOTALLY agree. Especially after seeing him throw himself at a puck, the other day!

Caps/Rangers game 7 should be a good one and I get to chant 1994 repeatedly to my Ranger loving friend...