Ok so lets talk NHL Playoffs

The Caps had a great regular season, but it was all offense. When your defensemen are more concerned with scoring then playing good defense, it's going to bite you in the ass in the postseason.

Ovechkin is certainly the best offensive player in the league, but he's not the best overall player. Unfortunately, that title belongs to that pole-smoker Crosby. He makes those around him better, Ovechkin doesn't. And, you can't spell Ovechkin without the letters C, H, O, K, and E. :heh:

Go Flyers! (though it's not too likely they make it out of the east)

I think Crosby deserves the Hart Trophy this year, though Henrik Sedin will come in at a close 2nd.

Fuck Ovechkin. He's a great player, but no team player.

Not at all. He's just an individual with no team play. The Hart Trophy is awarded to the player most valuable to their team.

normally i'd criticize ovechkin for being too focused on goal-scoring compared to players like Crosby, and it is true that he positions himself in such a way that he gets a ton of breakaways rather than in positions that help out his defense a lot of the time. But this year his goal/assist numbers were pretty much identical to Crosby's - he actually ended up with more assists than Sid, and Sid's been known for being a playmaker for his entire career (until he started shooting more).

So really I don't think Ovechkin's playing style is any less helpful to the Caps than Sid's is to the pens.

bruins going in hard this series.

bssign-480x303.jpg