MLB Playoffs

^ suck it...thats not the real fans!

BOSTON STRONG BABY... BOSTON STRONG! Somehow someway i hope all the victims of the bombing are enjoying this.

Ive been around for a while, have been lucky enough to witness and enjoy many championships...this one was as good as any. Very surreal, haters can hate but this is somewhat a nice cinderella story. Nice to see teams not really expected to do much come together and pull this shit off. Sox took down Price and Moore, Verlanda and Sherza, Wainwright and Co., some of the best pitchers ive ever seen. To do that, well deserved and truly the best "team" in baseball period!!!

Well, at least it wasn't the Cardinals. Hard to think of a more entitled and pompous fanbase than those people.

The Red Sox certainly have a horseshoe up their ass this decade. Even their bad moves (Lackey) turn into gold. When other franchises flush $100M down the toilet, it has major repercussions, but not when Boston does it. It doesn't seem to matter when they make terrible moves like that or signing Crawford.

Don't forget, the Dodgers bailed them out of the contracts of Crawford, Beckett, and Gonzalez. Things could've been a lot different if the Dodgers didn't have billions of dollars to fuck around with.

Well, at least it wasn't the Cardinals. Hard to think of a more entitled and pompous fanbase than those people.

The Red Sox certainly have a horseshoe up their ass this decade. Even their bad moves (Lackey) turn into gold. When other franchises flush $100M down the toilet, it has major repercussions, but not when Boston does it. It doesn't seem to matter when they make terrible moves like that or signing Crawford.

Try living in St Louis. I did not hate the Cardinals prior to living here, but I'd be happy if they never won another game ever. They are similarly lucky, every trade works out and every pitcher they draft develops into a stud who never gets hurt and throws 100. And then when someone does get hurt one of their bench players who they drafted from shitland community college becomes a fantastic player out of fucking nowhere.

Holy f'in hangover...what a nite / game! Glad I had today off from work.

I say credit to the Red Sox for being able to pull off that trade last year. Getting rid of over payed cancer in the locker dickheads like Beckett and Co was exactly what this team needed. Crawford was a mystery here, Gonzo meh. Lackey was in that group imo too, but he has always been a good pitcher and supposably a good teammate. He totally turned himself around and benefited from having a real manager around, being around better character guys like Victo, Naps, Gomes etc.

These big market franchises sometimes buy these world series titles with rosters made up of over payed allstars. Im glad the Sox cut bait with certain players and won it with character guys and contributions from the entire roster. Of course they will spend with the best of them at times but who really cares. They really didnt have a single player with allstar monster numbers this year, though Ortiz is Ortiz and had an off the charts playoffs / series.

Im a Yankees fan so this year hasn't been particularly kind to me... Any outcome that involves the red sox not winning the series would be ideal, but honestly, if I had to pick, I would say they're going to win it all.

Goddamnit. :(

Have caught my breath, yet still cant believe the Sox won. Watched a few game replays and came to a realization. As good as the Cards pitching and thier team is...too many holes in line up. In the end you have to wear out pitching and hit the ball. AL has it over the NL here. Detroits line up wouldve eventually cracked the Cards too imo.

Getting ready for the parade...cant wait!

Mathiäs;10733185 said:
Try living in St Louis. I did not hate the Cardinals prior to living here, but I'd be happy if they never won another game ever. They are similarly lucky, every trade works out and every pitcher they draft develops into a stud who never gets hurt and throws 100. And then when someone does get hurt one of their bench players who they drafted from shitland community college becomes a fantastic player out of fucking nowhere.
Agreed. And the whole team hitting like, .330 with RISP, and having like, 3 of the top four RISP hitters for the whole season. That defies all baseball logic. There's no way that it's more than luck that Matt Carpenter, a nobody from nowhere leads the league in those stats. And every comp pick they have ever had turns into a stud, and all their free agents are always good.

By the way, STL is up there with NYY and Boston as the teams that have rode steroids to success the most. Anywhere LaRussa goes, PEDs follow.

As a Cubs fan who has to watch all this, it just sucks. Mark Prior got to be a Cy Young level pitcher, only to be derailed by non-pitching injuries. The Cubs of 2004 to the present have been bad at cheating. They got destroyed in the '08 playoffs by an obviously cheating Manny Ramirez. Promising young players on the Cubs always flop, on the Cards they always pan out. Ugh, I hate them.

And that whole nonsense where they bitched about Puig and Gonzalez celebrating too much, when 75% of their team does just as much. A bunch of whiny bastards that I was glad to see lose.

I think PEDs are throughout MLB and the league has turned its back to this for many years...no revealization here. The Sox have had thier share of individual users over the years but i dont think it's been a broad team issue. I cant help but look at these young Cards pitchers coming out of nowhere and all throwing near 100mph. Theyre putting sumn in the team gatorade.

I just saw a lil shits sign..."im 11 years old this is my 8th parade"! Spoiled fuck ha ha. I dont know how to post pics from cell.

Players / parade pausing at the Boston marathon finish line and singing God Bless America...wow just lost my shit for a sec.:cry: