MLB 2008 - Official Thread

:lol:Crybaby Zambrano got LIT UP in the 7th inning and gave up 5 runs. He proceeded to throw his little cunt fits in the dugout by kicking and punching around Gatorade jugs. Too bad he didn't break his hand.

Detroit just busted Dontrelle Willis all the way down to single-A ball :lol:

And congrats to Griffey. That ups the people who actually belong in the 600+ club to 67%.

Detroit just busted Dontrelle Willis all the way down to single-A ball :lol:

And congrats to Griffey. That ups the people who actually belong in the 600+ club to 67%.

When Cleveland was last in Detroit they brought up a single A pitcher and beat us. lol

I'm glad the Cubs are back to playing NL games. By some quirk they had 15 straight AL games (TOR-TB-CHI-BAL-CHI). They only went 6-9, but they were not especially healthy. Good to get to SF and play a bad NL team and get back on track.

I think the NL has a lot of the best players right now, but still has a way to go to catch up to AL teams. Also, in interleague, you have to figure the AL will always do better, as they have alloted resources towards having a good DH. No NL team has invested such a big chunk of payroll for that spot. If you took out the DH for AL teams, and made them use their top bench player, I doubt they would do as well.

Then again, NL pitchers are much more accustomed to hitting than AL pitchers. And they have the same payroll so shouldn't they be better in other areas if they don't have to pay a DH?

EDIT: I generally agree with you, these are just things to consider.

I'm glad the Cubs are back to playing NL games. By some quirk they had 15 straight AL games (TOR-TB-CHI-BAL-CHI). They only went 6-9, but they were not especially healthy. Good to get to SF and play a bad NL team and get back on track.

The Giants will take the next 2 games. Zito is almost a guaranteed loss.

TIACN... Why would I, a simple Rangers fan, be posting in this thread right now?

I think it might be because the Rangers just went and took two from the Yankees. :erk:

The Yankees just confuse me sometimes. You guys are supposed to have GOOD hitting, damn it! Who the hell plays two games against the rangers and loses them both 2-1 and 3-2?

The Rays are for real!

Also, I'm very confused and saddened by Manny Ramirez of late. He assaulted a traveling secretary after making an impossible request. Manny is known for his bizarre behavior, but it has never been malicious in anyway until now. There must be something bothering because his onfield play has also been affected.

I think it might be because the Rangers just went and took two from the Yankees. :erk:

The Yankees just confuse me sometimes. You guys are supposed to have GOOD hitting, damn it! Who the hell plays two games against the rangers and loses them both 2-1 and 3-2?

I remember you saying that you love playing the Rangers because you always beat up on us... I had to rub this in.

Also, we have quality starting pitching and a couple of decent relievers. After the last week, I'm ready to actually think we're a contender. Especially if CJ Wilson can consistently throw a 98 MPH sinking fastball like he did last night. Also, we have 2 MVP candidates in Kinsler and Hamilton to highlight the highest scoring lineup in baseball.

Now that we finally got over that hump at .500, which had become a mental block for us, I think that we have the talent to pass the Angels.

I doubt it. The Angels pitching is too good and at least one of the guys in their lineup will come around in the second half. I also doubt Hamilton can continue to be as good as he was. Highest scoring lineup in Texas is almost as unimpressive as highest scoring lineup in Colorado.

I remember you saying that you love playing the Rangers because you always beat up on us... I had to rub this in.

I did say that and at the time it was true. Up until now, it seemed like the Yankees always won, and they were always good games.

I will say that I do not care for the taste of crow, but I will eat it anyway.