MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Well he actually did his job last night. Weird!

I think that's what's most frustrating about him. He obviously has the ability to be a good setup man or even a closer, but the motherfucker's so inconsistent.

i'm a brewer fan and they are gonna be a force when they get their shit together. they need a new coach, though. they finally hit .500 last night.

Uh, this wasn't his first audition. Since he came to the team in '06 they've been trying to use him as the setup man. The only difference was this year with Joba. They also used him as the setup man earlier in this series.

Well I meant in the post-Joba era. Either way he blew the game. Of course so did my man Okajima

Ah, yes.

My brothers and my sister are going to the game tomorrow for Joba's first start. I can't make it because I have a show Wednesday and we have to rehearse / practice tomorrow night. :erk: Oh well. At least I was there for his first game at the Stadium.

Still can't believe Franco's actually gone. The average age of a MLB player dropped like 4 years. He can still play.

Watch for game updates tonight. Randy Johnson's first K will put him in sole possession of second place behind Nolan Ryan on the all-time strikeouts list.

I'd say the top three all-time (Ryan, Johnson, Clemens) are basically untouchable. It's a hitters game now. Santana is the only legitimate threat to the top 10 I can see, and he'll have to continue to be a power pitcher and stay healthy into his 40's to get there. Actually, Maddux is 11th all-time and is only like 30 K's shy of 10th.

I doubt it will happen this year, but we may be watching the last pitcher to ever get 300 wins (Johnson) too. It would be a damn shame for the offense to keep blowing his games and have him end up with 298 at the end of the year and call it quits.

Found an old gem. Probably the funniest AB ever. Get in there, Kruk! Tough to reach the plate from the outside of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy Johnson is the scariest guy in the world.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wg66QpPKDww[/ame]