MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Yep, it's always embarrassing to lose to such a laughable team. But it happens all the time, and since no damage was done, I can live with it until we get out of this slump. I doubt the west is going to lose any sleep over SF winning three whole games in a row.

Edit: And this Hamilton business... I mean, good luck to the guy, I have nothing against him, but the media attention about this is already getting irritating. Same thing with Chipper Jones. I haven't heard his name mentioned more than half a sentence away from Ted Williams in weeks, and we're not even out of May yet. These "experts" need to relax and stop dropping hall-of-fame names and 50+ year old records until late July at the earliest. But I guess that's what they need to do to keep people interested in their columns/shows. A few guys are closing in on 15 game hitting streaks. Better call out Dimaggio.

The hardest part of the triple crown is batting average, as HRs and RBIs tend to go together. I can't see Hamilton beating out someone like Ichiro for BA at the end of the year. I think someone like Chipper, who has been a proven player for a dozen years, has a better chance at a record. Someone will bat .400 eventually.

I am quite satisfied with the Cubs 100 win pace this year. They are playing great at home, but I would like to see them play better baseball on the road before I am convinced they are a WS contender.

Cubs are probably the best team in the NL, but the NL is not really good right now. In my opinion Chicago and Arizona are the only two teams in the NL capable of facing the better teams in the AL and once interleague comes around I think my feelings will be supported

If you're looking for the relevant part to your previous observation, you might try checking the large group of words you deleted from the quote before you posted this.

Whoa, it's like, you never made any catty remarks or anything, like whoa, dude.

I'm compelled to understand why you go out of your way to insult the Giants every time they're brought up though (GNATS LOL ITS LEIK THEYR ANNOYING BUGS LOL). It's like hating a crippled child with a terminal disease.

Whoa, it's like, you never made any catty remarks or anything, like whoa, dude.
...................... k I have no idea what this means.

I'm compelled to understand why you go out of your way to insult the Giants every time they're brought up though (GNATS LOL ITS LEIK THEYR ANNOYING BUGS LOL). It's like hating a crippled child with a terminal disease.

The Giants are the enemy, as illustrated before. Don't take it personal. The Rockies, Padres, and Dodgers can all smoke my pole too (particularly the latter).

...................... k I have no idea what this means.

The Giants are the enemy, as illustrated before. Don't take it personal. The Rockies, Padres, and Dodgers can all smoke my pole too (particularly the latter).

Don't worry, I don't take it personal, it's just... I don't see what's to hate about the Giants, they're not a threat to anyone :lol:

Joba is starting Tuesday!

:) / :erk:

On one hand, it's awesome that he'll be in the rotation. On the other hand, it kind of sucks that he won't be in the bullpen anymore. Now how do they get to Rivera? Farnsworth? Hawkins? Please. Unless Joba is as awesome at starting as he was at relieving, he should go back to the 'pen and get ready to take over the closers role when Mo is done. Mo is the greatest that there's ever been, and that's going to be really fucking hard to come close to replacing... and it seems like Joba can do it.

Steinbrenner is stupid. The rotation will be better but they'll lose just as many games because of the bullpen

Girardi is convinced that Farnsworth can be a dependable 8th inning guy. Farnsworth LOVES coughing up home runs, so I don't know why the fuck anyone would want him anywhere near a short lead.

Girardi is convinced that Farnsworth can be a dependable 8th inning guy. Farnsworth LOVES coughing up home runs, so I don't know why the fuck anyone would want him anywhere near a short lead.

He loves throwing his 92 mph fastball right down the middle or high