MLB 2008 - Official Thread

Really. It's weird. A lot of them I've talked to really seem to hate the Red Sox for some bizarre reason- some of them say they hate them more than they hate the Yankees, but maybe they were being nice to me.

And they really fucking hate the Patriots. Like really bad, but not nearly as much as the Giants or the Cowboys. Football is king here, so that makes sense.

My bad fantasy luck continues. I picked up Santiago Casilla because he was doing fantastically and I needed a replacement for Rafael Betancourt. Well, in his brief stint on my team Casilla gave up a few runs, failed to record an out and wound up on the DL.

Well if I were a Mets fan I wouldn't be happy at all IMO the one that was called foul should have been left with the first ump who got a good look at it and decided that it was home this game should be like 6 or 8 - 2 or some shit

Yesterdays White Sox sweep put them above 500 which I'm happy about. The sluggers (Thome, Konerko) need to step their shit up lately. Once those two start hitting along with Swisher and Cabrera, this team is going to be unstopable.

Congrats to Jon Lester who threw a no-hitter tonite for the Sox! The kid has come a long way from his cancer scare and recovery. The moment between him and Francona at the end was priceless! :kickass:

Yeah, good stuff!

The last two no-hitters in MLB have been provided by team-mates...in Lester & Buckholtz. I wonder if this has ever happened before (probably has), or is this a first?

note: Did Schilling have a one-hitter in 07'? Could've been 1-out away from having the last three no-no's pitched by team-mates?

Well, cheers to Lester. ESPN was airing the CHC/Houston game here, but cut to Fenway for the 9th. Good day for baseball (aside from the fact that my team had an off day, hence the watching of CHC/Houston).

In about 15 minutes, Brandon Webb will attempt to become only the the second pitcher in the last 89 years to start a season 10-0 in 10 starts. Fingers crossed... he'll have to pitch a hell of a game if the team plays defense and runs the bases as bad as they have over the past week.

Well, there goes that. Webb's offense supports his great start with one run and a pile of strikeouts. Way to pick up your ace with a major record on the line.

I went to the Phillies game last night with some friends, and watched the Phil's lay the fucking beat down on the Rockies 20-5. It was also dollar dog night and one of my friends at twelve dogs, falling short of his record 14 dogs from the last dollar dog night.

Citizens Bank Park fucking rocks, by the way. That was my first time there, and I'll definitely be going back again sometime.

I'm surprised the A's aren't doing too bad. I may yet have hope for the bay area.

Arizona has the best pitching staff in the league, but since April they've been hitting jack shit. It's starting to become a concern.

Haren vs. Lincecum tonight. Not the best matchup for a team that's been striking out about 9-10 times per game the last two weeks.