MLB 2008 - Official Thread

I was watching that game when it happened. One of the funniest things ever. Everyone in the dugout was pissing themselves laughing, and he started to get really angry with them.

Oh, and he's not a bird killer. The damn thing actually lived. They had it in one of the box seats the next day.

I don't see how it could have survived either, but the next day they were showing off an injured bird sitting on a blanket up in one of the box seats watching the game with some of the team brass. They claimed it was the one they scraped up off the infield. Who knows.

Huge fight today between the Red Sox and Rays. Coco Crisp charged the mound after getting hit, dodged a wild punch by the pitcher then got a shot in himself before being taken down by the catcher. I love baseball fights.

Also later in the game Manny and Youkilis had a small argument in the dugout which concerned me a little.

Huge fight today between the Red Sox and Rays. Coco Crisp charged the mound after getting hit, dodged a wild punch by the pitcher then got a shot in himself before being taken down by the catcher. I love baseball fights.

Also later in the game Manny and Youkilis had a small argument in the dugout which concerned me a little.

Coco had so many ppl hitting him in the dogpile, that was rather lame. and the fact that 2 more starters left the game with an injury is ghey.

It was his own fault he hurt his hand. Head first slides anywhere but home are just asking for a broken bone. So he retaliated by using a take-out slide on a steal? Of course that's going to get you drilled. And all they did was graze his leg. The ball went to the backstop. Charging the mound on anything below the letters is just crybabying. And who knows what Manny's problem is, but that was chicken shit popping a teammate like that, and it was dumb as hell to do it in camera sight. If thinks Youkilis didn't show enough effort in protecting his teammate (or whatever it is), that's business for another time.

I haven't watched anything else about this since it happened because I don't keep a close eye on the AL, but that's all I've seen so far.

Yeah, I think Coco overreacted, but the Sox and the Rays have a history, and Coco is an emotional player. I think it was just a case of escalation by both sides. My guess is Coco had planned to charge the mound prior to his getting hit, even if it was a clean hit like Shields delivered.

Coco should have went to first-base. The payback pitch (because of the takeout slide) was thrown the right way, near his wallet. If it was at his head I could understand him charging. In the end, it worked out great for the Sox...it got Shields ejected in the 3rd inning.