Holidays in Finland

Eos

The Entwined
Nov 23, 2001
Switzerland / Croatia
www.metalpics.ch
Here it is, my little "please help me about my trip to Finland"-thread *gg* Hope some of you guys can help me.

First a little summary of the trip:
I'm ariving in Rovaniemi on July 19th shortly before midnight. Staying there for one night and getting the car the next day at 10am. The trip is thought to go Rovaniemi -> Kemi -> Oulu -> Kuopio/Jyväskylä -> Helsinki (1st August; August 3rd I'm off to Lahti till August 11th). Those are the cities I would like to visit. My biggest dilemas are between Oulu and Kuopio and between Kuopio and Helsinki. The possibilities for Oulu -> Kuopio/Jyväskylä are:
1. Oulu -> Kajaani -> Iisami -> Kuopio
2. Oulu -> Raahe -> Iisami -> Kuopio
3. Oulu -> Raahe -> Kokkola -> Jyväskylä

So what do you recommend? Which way is there more to see? Any other possible ways?
A few more questions to come
zwinker.gif

Just stay in Iisalmi. They make nice beer there. Or maybe you should leave the northern part of Finland asap as it´s full of blood sucking insects in the summer time.

why do you want to go there? it's boring and everybody is so blonde and so white and you won't understand a word they're saying and i bet the food is crap and you can't swim cos the waters are freezing and you won't be able to sleep cos the sun will be up till midnight and you'll see no famous finnish santa cos christmas is over and mosquitos will bite you day and night cos of the many lakes and... oh fuck, i can't think of anything else now...

oh yeah, i forgot all about that. suicide rates are very high in scandinavia, so beware of depressed finns.

First of all, my dear, Switzerland has got a higher suicide rate than Finland :loco: Just a few days ago, a 19 years old guy went to the roof of the school I went to before, he covered himself with gasoline, burnt himself and jumped off the building. Pretty creative..
Then: Finns are not blonde, at least not the way people from Sweden and Norway are. Maynly because they came from another part of Asia to Europe ;)
About the blood sucking insects: I'm anemic and as soon as there's another person in the room the moskitos don't "see" me anymore :)wave:mad: my boyfriend *gg*)
@Sol: Finns make better music than the greeks so stay quiet :loco: *gg* ;)

finns make better music?

if i judge by sentenced and bodom and some similar bands i'd say you're wrong. anyway, greece has shit promotion, bands rarely have an opportunity to be heard outside greece...

hey, what about Rotting Christ, I think one of the best bands ever :) And Septic Flesh...great too!!!! hm, and not to forget Diafana Krina, I really like that one :)

oke, but have to admit that Sentenced just rules! :hotjump:

sol83 said:
finns make better music?
if i judge by sentenced and bodom and some similar bands i'd say you're wrong.
Fortunatelly music is still a matter of taste.

sol83 said:
anyway, greece has shit promotion, bands rarely have an opportunity to be heard outside greece...
SPinefarm are not really great when it's about that either. There are loads of great bands up there which deserve more attention. For example Before The Dawn. Simply amazing!!
headbob.gif

Sorry Shelley, can't help you with your decision since I haven't yet visited that part of Finland much. But it's good to know you're seeing Rovaniemi and Oulu, both being really nice places :Spin:

Oh, be sure to visit a bar called Yläkerta (or something) if it's still there in Rovaniemi. Two years ago they played some heavy shit there, and the beer wasn't too expensive either :D

Crack Hitler said:
Oh, be sure to visit a bar called Yläkerta (or something) if it's still there in Rovaniemi. Two years ago they played some heavy shit there, and the beer wasn't too expensive either :D
Thanks!! Always good to know about such places :D
Seems like Finntroll will help us find a nice bar in Helsinki *gg*
beer.gif