Holidays in Finland

Folklore said:
in a few month ahead i`m about to Visit Pori, can anyone tell me of nice places to visit in this city and its area?

I spent two nights there a couple years back, but can't tell much since I stayed at a camping ground 20 kilometres away from the centre. Nice town, tho. Go see Yyteri-beach, it's quite a fun place. Atleast it was some century ago when I was a kid and went there with my parents.

To add some seriousness to this thread I'd say whatever you do in your journey it's essential to pick up a copy of Liekki's Korppi album as it's the greatest album produced in Finland. Ever. You won't regret it. Or probably you will as it's geeky pop. ´But it's fucking touching. Drunk or not. And at the moment't I am. Drunk

Eos said:
Then: Finns are not blonde, at least not the way people from Sweden and Norway are. Maynly because they came from another part of Asia to Europe ;)
You're wrong about that. Finns are the lightest pigmented people in the world, with a hair blondism of about 60% (eye blondism is at about 90%). You'll find that platinum blonde is much more common here than among Swedes or Norwegians, who tend to have a darker golden blonde complexion. The theory that Finns have Siberian ancestry is certainly valid, but most anthropologists would agree that the Finno-Ugrians originated from the Danubian area, migrated North East, and later migrated back to Europe, with part of them settling in Hungary, and the rest in Estonia and Finland. There's a tenous linguistic link between Finno-Ugric and some tongues in Siberia, probably representing a population that didn't return to Europe, and were subsumed into aboriginal mongoloids. I'm going to study anthropology in University, so I make it my business to know such things, heh.

For pictures of Finns, you can try some of these sites:

Finnish models: http://www.fondi.fi/models/index.html (the Tomas guy is my cousin, heh)
Finnish hockey team 2003: http://live20.ihwc.net/english/teams/roster.ihwc?team=FIN
Finnish IRC gallery: http://irc-galleria.net/list.php?letter=A

the_good_son141 said:
blonde eyes?whats this shit?
the real blonde angel is nick holmes though,he has a blonde pen to sign on booklets too,cos he is so so blonde.like a barbie.
Blondism means depigmentation, referring to blue/green eyes in this context.

Ormir said:
You're wrong about that. Finns are the lightest pigmented people in the world
All the Finns I met are brown haired (natural hair color not dyed). A few have black hair (dyed) but seeing the colour of their eyebrows I wouldn't say they're naturaly blond. Well I'll find out about the truth soon :D

Demaniac said:
For you to know, Finland isn´t part of Scandinavia.
Yeah, that's true. Strictly speaking it's only Sweden and Norway. Nordic county is a better term. (Finland, Denmark, Iceland and those two)

edit: nice slogans Demaniac. Twisted Matti Nykänen forever!

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
i think danemark 'belongs' to scandinavia too doesnt it?
no. though the people are close relatives to norwegians and swedish the geographical term scandinavia applies only to those two. At least that's what were told in geography class. But who gives a fuck.

there seems to be a difference between the 'scandinavian peninsula' which obviously cant have denmark in it cause its a peninsula like, and the word 'scandinavia' which includes denmark too.

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
there seems to be a difference between the 'scandinavian peninsula' which obviously cant have denmark in it cause its a peninsula like, and the word 'scandinavia' which includes denmark too.
Oh joy. We were probably both right as I was speaking 'bout geographical Scandinavia (peninsula that's it) and you 'bout something else.

Now which was first? The scandinavian countries or scandinavian peninsula which gave name to scandinavian countries and people?

Like we care :p