Holy fucking shit, Ghost Inside - Returners

Hey Ermz im real sorry this may or may not be news to u, but not all of us BONE over the same shit u do. This mix perfectly conveys what this band is trying to communicate. Its to bad you 'big gun' 'producers' (haha) cant see past the gtar tone or the hi-hat to listen to the lyrics or the themes. Man its hardcore its got a message and therefore has a hardcore mix. Im sorry there is AE shit going on in the world that you dont get. But this must be one of them hey.

:popcorn:

this album is fucking awesome. another sick track is "between the lines".
these guys just toured with devil wears prada, and parkway drive in Australia.
fucking tight outfit!

probably the grooviest breakdowns in a long time!

guitar tones sound like shit but it totally works. there is soooooo much top end fizz.
for some reason everything glues together well though!

this band is so underrated.

I thought the exact opposite personally. Everyone raves at how amazing this band is, and while they are talented, i've never been able to get into them, nor do i think their music is anything special.
although for the record, i've never been into the whole "message behind hardcore" thing.

Also, a lot of you guys are confusing a solid mix with a band you love as an "amazing, revolutionary mix". If you heard this same mix with a band you weren't into, i doubt you would be quite as impressed.

I thought the exact opposite personally. Everyone raves at how amazing this band is, and while they are talented, i've never been able to get into them, nor do i think their music is anything special.
although for the record, i've never been into the whole "message behind hardcore" thing.

Also, a lot of you guys are confusing a solid mix with a band you love as an "amazing, revolutionary mix". If you heard this same mix with a band you weren't into, i doubt you would be quite as impressed.

well..... yeahh hahahahaha

Another +1 for this.
As I said on the previous page, a really good mix for what it is, but "Holy fucking shit!" worthy? No

Ah listened to this album a fair bit this week! I have the "WHAT YOU DO YOU STAND FOR" breakdown thoroughly stuck on my brain. On further listens to mix is good, not great. But I think that's completely down to personal taste.

this is fucking bullshit, this mix is so good Because it just shits on the typical mix for this genre, melodic hardcore always has like an under polished feel to it IE hundreth, but this cd just fucking slams left and right the tones are stellar half of this thread is just butthurt because it is hardcore so funny. if you've seen this band live you'd know that this engineer/mixer captured this band 100% fucking perfectly, which no one seems to do, imo for hardcore this mix has so much energy

sorry just because it doesn't sound like bendeth, sneap, zuess, staub, or what have you, etc etc. doesn't make it a non perfect mix, even though all of those dudes are fucking amazing so fucking good

That's really good to hear. I admit I'm unfamiliar with the general production aesthetic in this genre. Regardless, it's always good when a new reference mix comes along that sets the bar higher. I know I was stoked when I heard TWoAF and STD.

Props to u ryan number one for starting the thread number two for sticking by it. Its funny how shit like this polarizes opinion. Im with u...Its like you cant praise anyone else's mix unless its one of those guys that were told ' THIS IS A GOOD MIXER' This is new

I totally think the way everything works in the mix is "Holy Shit" worthy. Being a fan of stuff that'2s a bit more "metal" and not a huge hardcore fan, for the genre this is some really impressive stuff. Most hardcore bands get mixes that just lack balls or cant afford to get decent sounding production. Keep in mind with the hard core scene things like 7" and EP's are a big thing. To hear a hard core band with a more "metal" style production / tone is something 98% of the hard core fans out there have never heard.

I really a kin this to something like River Runs Red from LOA. We all have said in the past how much we liked the guitar tone and production on the album, and not many bands, especially in the hard core scene have been able to get that big, breathing, its alive and im gonna stomp on your fucking face, kind of mix.

Its an impressive enough sounding CD to warrant its own thread. We cant always just talk about Nevermore, Testament, Megadeth and (insert latest Sneap project here)

The production wasn't anything special to me at all. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard, but there wasn't any aspect of it that I found exceptionally pleasant to my ears.

The best I've heard in this genre is Ion Dissonance's Minus the Herd. On that album you hear the breath of death from a Mesa 4x12 blowing it's thunderous wind into your ears. I don't think I've ever heard the character of a cabinet captured that way on anything else before. Then there are the drums that are meticulously engineered. The kick drum makes a woofer excur and recover extremely quickly. It's the punchiest I've ever heard on any album. Then there is everything else, but that's enough....I'll stop.

exactly this.