Holy fucking shit, Ghost Inside - Returners

Also, a lot of you guys are confusing a solid mix with a band you love as an "amazing, revolutionary mix". If you heard this same mix with a band you weren't into, i doubt you would be quite as impressed.

Brian I agree with you to an extent, but I think mostly we can pick out a good mix even if the band is garbage.

for example, I fucking hate Behemoth but the mix on the newest CD is phenomenal IMO

EDIT: now that I think about it, I think productions is what gets me into artists. because I used to really hate modern radio pop (tpain, usher, ke$ha, ect. its all the same garbage) until I started listening to the production side of things and I think most of that stuff has that "revolutionary mix" regardless of me liking the music or not

Realy great production!!!
Love the fizzy guitartone and the massive bass.
Kick and snare slays but I dont like the toms that much. They sound too much generic.
Everything else is top notch.
But I like most of the songs from their first CD more.
The RETURNERS has some awsome tracks but also some fillers....

and the Ghost inside is NO melodic-Hardcore.
Nor is FTFD and bands like that.

This is simply new-school Hardcore.
There is no punk left in the music IMO, thats why new-school....

Melodic Hardcore is stuff like:
Comeback kid, have heart, verse, polarbeer club, hot water music and stuff....

Hood is right with his point but I dont think it fits this CD at all...

and the Ghost inside is NO melodic-Hardcore.
Nor is FTFD and bands like that.

This is simply new-school Hardcore.
There is no punk left in the music IMO, thats why new-school....

Melodic Hardcore is stuff like:
Comeback kid, have heart, verse, polarbeer club, hot water music and stuff....

Hood is right with his point but I dont think it fits this CD at all...

I must disagree, times change and music evolves.

I mean Michael Jackson's thriller (1982) is pop hands down.
But Ke$ha (2010) is also pop even tho her music sounds nothing like MJs
because that is what pop has evolved to over the years.

Same thing for this.
FTFD, TGI, Hundredth, It Prevails, ect.. are all Melodic Hardcore because that is what Melodic Hardcore has evolved to over the years.

This is melodic hardcore :

The clip posted on the first page, has absolutely no resemblance to any melodic hardcore I've ever heard, and I grew up listening to punk because I had an older sibling heavily into it, and I know punk when I hear it, and this song isn't punk/hardcore at all.
It's basically a melodic metal song with a hardcore aesthetic and screamed vocals, which is what metalcore is really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must disagree, times change and music evolves.

I mean Michael Jackson's thriller (1982) is pop hands down.
But Ke (2010) is also pop even tho her music sounds nothing like MJs
because that is what pop has evolved to over the years.

Same thing for this.
FTFD, TGI, Hundredth, It Prevails, ect.. are all Melodic Hardcore because that is what Melodic Hardcore has evolved to over the years.

You are maybe right, but I only can speak for what I think about it...

I love that new-school stuff!!!!
i am so happy that also the Hardcore music is moving forward.
And that it gets more and more attention.

This is melodic hardcore :

The clip posted on the first page, has absolutely no resemblance to any melodic hardcore I've ever heard, and I grew up listening to punk because I had an older sibling heavily into it, and I know punk when I hear it, and this song isn't punk/hardcore at all.
It's basically a melodic metal song with a hardcore aesthetic and screamed vocals, which is what metalcore is really.

look im not trying to start problems or anything like that. just simply putting my .02 in on why people call bands like The Ghost Inside melodic hardcore.

To me personally that video sounds more like something Paramore would play, catchy chorus, just singing drums and bass parts, super happy and energetic, really nice and pretty singing bridge/build up. I actually really like this song and I would say without a doubt that when that album came out people would call it melodic hardcore but Im afraid the times have changed and it is no longer melodic hardcore by todays standards.

I mean, all the "classic rock" that people listen to these days (IE ACDC, Led Zep, ect..) were not called classic rock back when those bands were just making it big. Same thing, maybe at the time it was heavy rock or some shit but the times have changed and now they are considered something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's like a lot going on extreme left, right and center but it sounds really empty in-between. Like they used a widening effect or something. You really notice it when you listen on headphones

This album fucking SLAYS.

One of my favorite releases of 2010 by far. It sounds huge!

Favourite track is The Conflict, makes me want to hurt small animals.

Its funny how people jump onboard after u silence the non believers (sceptics) I believe we've gotta jump onboard most things now. Cmon boys ...im talkin brian /seth/setyouranchor/ryan and anybody at all that dont wanna be left behind waiting for that mix to somehow sound staub-ish. I spose i'll just say...atleast we got it by the balls. While most wait for the sneap samples to re-appear.. (hahaha) we're gettin on with things.

Its funny how people jump onboard after u silence the non believers (sceptics) I believe we've gotta jump onboard most things now. Cmon boys ...im talkin brian /seth/setyouranchor/ryan and anybody at all that dont wanna be left behind waiting for that mix to somehow sound staub-ish. I spose i'll just say...atleast we got it by the balls. While most wait for the sneap samples to re-appear.. (hahaha) we're gettin on with things.

Sorry, I dont quite get what you mean?

New yardsticks. Im sick of same ol' shit. youre post hardcore/whatever u really wanna do doesnt need a metalcore yardstick man....seriously. Post to my new thread and then I'll understand.... U dirty pom! hhahah. oz

You appear to have missed the point that anyone not in line with your perceptions was trying to make on this thread, with remarkable consistency.

The production wasn't anything special to me at all. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever heard, but there wasn't any aspect of it that I found exceptionally pleasant to my ears.

The best I've heard in this genre is Ion Dissonance's Minus the Herd. On that album you hear the breath of death from a Mesa 4x12 blowing it's thunderous wind into your ears. I don't think I've ever heard the character of a cabinet captured that way on anything else before. Then there are the drums that are meticulously engineered. The kick drum makes a woofer excur and recover extremely quickly. It's the punchiest I've ever heard on any album. Then there is everything else, but that's enough....I'll stop.

+1

i think this completely rules, ebtter than fury and fallen production wise.
we all like diff things, just chill, just sit back let our ears listen.
its not a thread of bantering, each to their own.
i respect all your comments hard

the brick hit house said:
thanks dude!
the cab we used was a Krank with vintage 30s. its the same cab i used for the majority of the Bury Your Dead record too. i just used it on a record from a sweet band called Conforza, but i think the drivers are dying or the speakers are shot. shit that just happens over time.
the gtrs were all ESPs with heavy guage strings. we used Framus, Mesa Boogie triple rec, and Peavey 5150 heads.
hope this helps!!!!

Read more: http://messaging.myspace.com/index....5&type=Inbox&messageID=93924188#ixzz127IXgSA6

fuck yes still getting more info too

Sounds friggin' sweet. Not sold on the snare but thats just nitpicking for the hell of it.

And as someone who cant stand metalcore, this is hardcore people. Don't let ignorance sway you in any way, this has the fist pumping singalong vibe going. A decade ago the hardcore scene was the only ones floating extreme metal about down here, and as hardcore couldn't really progress without getting more metal, it fizzed out. Which sucks, cause hardcore didn't need to progress! This album sounds like the return of what I liked about hardcore, with modern production. Tits.