Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final_Product said:
If your too busy trying to avoid thinking the same as "the crowd" are you not just as contrived as you claim they are?
Well Alex...Since I know you need my anwser in the form of a question...
I'll say what it is ........YES

Ravenous Enemy said:
no... they're the stupid people.
Stupid is being a mindless drone (Why is it I think you can relate to that??)
Being a person means having your own thoughts,ideas and opinions...
fags have the right to theirs..And you can bet I'm going to have the right to mine!!

T_man357 said:
Are the I.Q. deficent the people who's opinion don't agree with the crowd??

No from people obviously so bothered by something they have nothing better to do then make asinine statements, and worry about other peoples lives. As if so void of practical complacency that you need to devil drive your self on everyone else in order to feel like everything is inorder in "doing the right thing", in essence eddifying your subjective reality. A simple minded concept of reality that renders one weak beyond practical reality and true praxiological and telological reality...

2% of the population isn't going to affect anything cultural or reproductive wise...

T_man357 said:
Stupid is being a mindless drone (Why is it I think you can relate to that??)
Being a person means having your own thoughts,ideas and opinions...
fags have the right to theirs..And you can bet I'm going to have the right to mine!!

Very true, I just find it obvious that you don't stop there with just expressing your opinion...

getting back to the subject...
why can't people just do what they want?

ok i can see the benefit in religion to, for want of a better word, control the 'stupid average American’, but when religion (namely Christianity) is plainly so backward and causes more problems than it solves, it should just be disregarded.

On the subject of upsetting the masses to please a minority – this isn’t (or shouldn’t be) about pleasing the minority, it’s about the need to move forward, broaden perspectives, stop repressing minorities and stop discrimination of people who should be allowed to do what they want as part of ‘their right to freedom’ in the USA. If the masses oppose / resent this then obviously there is something seriously wrong and the problem is much bigger – how do you get the buffoons round to thinking for themselves in a modern way and accepting diversity in people?

The family unit can still exist and function with homosexuals. In fact it can do much better than function.

RookParliament:
"Also I believe any consenting adults should be able to marry each other."

Exactly.
What makes hetero marriage different from gay marriage from a legal point of view? Assuming religious connections could be removed there should be no difference.

Ultimately, maybe in a thousand or so years I think people may have realised a way forward. All people will be bisexual – or, there wont be such a thing as sexual orientation. Any consenting adult can have sex with any other consenting adult, the concept of sexuality will become irrelevant. People will stick to their personal preferences but generally people will have twice as many others to have relations with! Ok maybe this is a bit hopeful (from the point of view of people becoming more liberal, forward thinking, accepting, adventurous etc.) but I can still see it happening eventually.

Looking at the Marxist idea that the world as an organism will perform ‘checks’ such as earthquakes and natural disasters to curb for instance overpopulation, we can see that one such way to curb overpopulation could be through homosexuality. What’s the best way to stop overpopulation? Stop people reproducing. The best way of doing this is obviously in a ‘natural’ way that can allow people to continue to enjoy sex and relationships but without reproducing. Another advantage of homosexuality in this notion is that people still can reproduce if necessary. This has the advantage over the evolution of a being that is asexual and cannot reproduce.

maybe going a bit tangential:
Looking at it from a more distant standpoint: existence is pretty pointless for people if they don’t get any enjoyment or sense of accomplishment or ‘happiness’ in their lives, and while people are repressed/ oppressed (I realise this topic is probably insignificant compared with some types of oppression in this world) this is unlikely to happen. So if there’s no point of existence, there’s no point of reproduction. But conversely, if there is point in existence, then there doesn’t have to be point in reproduction. Who really cares if no one exists beyond their lifetime anyway? (sorry if I’m moidering). This shows that homosexuality is not a ‘failure’.

Sexual orientation can influence the personality. but you can get straight people who are much ‘gayer’ than gay people. If homosexuality became more widely social acceptable then I think a lot of the flamboyancy etc. would disappear. I personally generally find overly camp people annoying, but I have no objection to the fact that they’re gay.

what is there to hate?
fear of the unknown?
repulsion? but why?

Valtiel said:
Very true, I just find it obvious that you don't stop there with just expressing your opinion...

What are you trying to say?? You don't know me clown!!
I've never gay bashed anyone!! Verbally or physically!! The point that I was trying to make (quite unsuccessfully I might add) by making my stupid comments is who cares about homosexuality if you're not gay??
You'd think no one but it's a topic on every board you'll ever go to, I don't care if it's a board on nuclear fusion, saving the rainforest, bands, cds, etc...
The only place it's probably not a topic is on gay boards and gay chatrooms
they probably post topics like "Hetrosexuals??" So I sincerely apologize fir hurting yours or anyone elses feelings!!

T_man...i just think you make some crazy statements. In all honesty alot of them don't make a huge amount of sense.

Ravenous Enemy: i like alot of your points. Hopefully have time tomorrow to reply a bit.

Final_Product said:
T_man...i just think you make some crazy statements. In all honesty alot of them don't make a huge amount of sense.

Ravenous Enemy: i like alot of your points. Hopefully have time tomorrow to reply a bit.
Last post was pretty straight foward dude...If you didn't understand it you might not be as smart as you're trying to appear.

thanks for clearing that up there T_Man, very succinct. The subject of this thread is actually 'homosexuality' not why anyone cares about it... but there are a lot of reasons why people could care about it. PM me if you want me to give you a list of some of them. In the future just make your point in one message, because "making stupid comments" doesn't work.

On topic: Is there any real evidence that homosexuality is biological at all? Could someone who had never been introduced to the concept of homosexuality be homosexuality? Probably yes... but i still think it's a lot more 'nurture' than nature. Probably a lot more studies need to be made to get any kind of quantification of these factors tho'.

Also an interesting documentary proved that most homophobic people are actually homosexual to some degree. Strongly homophobic people were aroused by images of homosexual acts compared with people who had no objection to homosexuality. I don't know what anyone else thinks of this... but it kinda makes sense.

I find documentaries and studies involved with proving homosexuality a biological factor to be laughable. I suggest they look in other mammals DNA for the gene to prove my point.

I've made previous points about this, because I think you cannot rule biological causes out entirely as a cause behind homosexualism. I think its dangerous to lean either way when it comes to social/biological root causes.

It seem sensible to me to think that there are complex biological causes that interact with social causes and in certain cases cause homosexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.