hope the new album is gonna be darker

what ever anathema produces, i think they shoud keep in mind that the fans want them to produce the music like the ones they produced in eternity, silent enigma, alt4 and judgement. these were the albums that made them "the masters of gothic rock"...
in my opinion the music in "a fine day to exit" was not bad, but when compared to the previous 4 albums, it was the worst..

i hope they don't listen to their "fans". they should do what they want. music shouldn't be forced into something by setting rules for what it can and can't sound like.

..i can dream, can't i? what's it to ya? :mad:

but they won't change into Spice Girls without a transition album or two, so you'll see it coming. i think you'll make it out in time.

First of all Radiohead are ace. Deffo one of the top 5 bands on the planet right now... And concerning this never ending doom-goth-hard-soft-heavy-mellow-old-new-dark-floyd debate I say lets all just fuck off and let the band do whatever they want... All their albums are decent so stop it with this "i want them like on silent enigma, and i want 'em like on judgement, etc." They write the music, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. I was never disappointed till now and thats' all I care about...

You're right Sol, I mean they're not doing music for you guys, but for them, first of all...they're musicians and not whores.
And personnally, I like all of their albums.

Indeed, I don't want an alternitive4 2 or a Judgement 2 or an AFDTE 2. I like all Anathema albums, but especially the ones since Eternity, and they have surprised me with every new album, because they just don't seem to stop getting better and better. and they keep it fresh...

If they keep on doing what they want, I'm sure there will follow many great albums even if they are softer or less dark... Why should that be important anyway...

Tastes differ, and I respect that, but I just don't see the use to keep on nagging about how they should return to the sound of one of their urlier albums. They might wind up sick of the whole thing...

Originally posted by sol83
First of all Radiohead are ace. Deffo one of the top 5 bands on the planet right now... And concerning this never ending doom-goth-hard-soft-heavy-mellow-old-new-dark-floyd debate I say lets all just fuck off and let the band do whatever they want... All their albums are decent so stop it with this "i want them like on silent enigma, and i want 'em like on judgement, etc." They write the music, they can do whatever the fuck they want with it. I was never disappointed till now and thats' all I care about...

absolutely spot on...everybody should read this and stop wishing for whatever and whatever. i just hope we can be who we need to be. and radiohead are ace, and if pressure was track 7 instead of track 1 then alot of you would never have even mentioned them.me new stuff is proper doom even on acoustic. we cannot be who we are not...lets see you guys write your best album then...come on..!

IMHO, AFDTE was 1 step backwards - still like it very much, but...