hope the new album is gonna be darker

Originally posted by cedarbreed
' hope the new album is gonna be darker '
could somebody define that, coz darkness and Anathema - it doesn't makes sense:confused:

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Ah leave Daz alone for fuck's sake :cry: Pentecost and Serenades may not be as good as the rest (except for Judgement) but it's still great imo. Tastes differ though

sorry mate it's his voice ... i just can't ...lol. I'm not saying the music is bad , i know them tunes from serenades and pentecost. Songs like Sleepless , We the Gods , Memento Mori etc are great but ... nevermind, ' tastes differ ' you're right ;)

Originally posted by cedarbreed
You're damn right ! how could a punk-reggae-ska band be dark ???? :confused:
ok, ok, if you think that they can be dark then it's ok by me ;)..., but since eternity i can't hardly imagine an anathema with "dark" song description, except maybe "alternative 4" which is really wicked imo.

Hah! Danny introduced HIMSELF to ME in Ghent on the Antimatter gig!! :heh:
I don't think he knew who I was though :confused:

oi! i typed forlorn hope into a search engine and look what came up!
oxybnd.jpg
:lol:

Originally posted by Filthy Sanchez
what ever anathema produces, i think they shoud keep in mind that the fans want them to produce the music like the ones they produced in eternity, silent enigma, alt4 and judgement. these were the albums that made them "the masters of gothic rock"...
in my opinion the music in "a fine day to exit" was not bad, but when compared to the previous 4 albums, it was the worst..

shit.gif

HAHAHA Oxymorons - Verloren Hoop.... hahahahah! :lol:

*wonders why the hell Danny actually put my nick in a search engine :confused:*
just to make a joke like that one
i knew something daft would come up!

Originally posted by Ivo
ok, ok, if you think that they can be dark then it's ok by me ;)..., but since eternity i can't hardly imagine an anathema with "dark" song description, except maybe "alternative 4" which is really wicked imo.

you got it alt 4 is dark. and TSE is the darkest album I've ever heard. I'm not taking into account all this funeral doom crap like skepticism and co ... i said crap but i still like it tho lol ...
judgement and AFDTE aren't dark imo (execpt some passages in some specific songs) ... they've got a melancholic feeling , hope i chose the right word here.
anyway , there's no point in this debate. No matter if you want to say it's dark , melancholic , depressive , touching , groovy or dancing ... It's fucken good music with good tunes good people and good beer :Smokin:

sorry I'm still under this opium medication :loco: