Horror DVDs

I bought The Devil's Rejects in Indonesia the other day for my brother, so I'll have to watch it before I give it to him. House of 1000 Corpses is the most fucked up film I've seen, so I'm expecting big things from this one!

Trixxi Trash said:
I've seen that. I loved the trailer coz it looked so bad it'd be funny but it wasn't even that!! Rape scene is hardly effective and the rest of the film is like a badly made 70s midday movie.

:lol: I just love the voice overs in those trailers, especially that one:

"She had become demented!"

LMAO

The Hitcher ey....

I am trying to find more good horror. There is plenty out there, I just need to chase it up myself, since my local video stores aren't fantastic. One is good, but not fantastic. The video horror section is rather large, but most videos are fucked, and when people hire them and take them back and tell them they are fucked, they just put them back on the shelf. That is what happened when I hired I Spit On Your Grave, which is why I haven't seen it.

Anyone seen THE CURSE OF THE CANNIBAL CONFEDERATES?

That looks hilarious and has the best preview ever (it's at the start of my Halloween 4 VHS).

The woman are scared! *shows women scared*
The men are frightened! *shows men frightened*
...and the CONFEDERATES ARE HUNGRY!

or something like that.

Brilliant.

Bloodsucking Freaks is a fun, twisted treat! Class Of Nuke Em High isn't great...

The Hitcher is a GREAT film!

Haha I love those voice overs too, that voice over was the entire reason I hired Demented. "She had become.... DEMENTED!" was so great haha.

Blitzkrieg said:
The Hitcher ey....

I am trying to find more good horror. There is plenty out there, I just need to chase it up myself, since my local video stores aren't fantastic. One is good, but not fantastic. The video horror section is rather large, but most videos are fucked, and when people hire them and take them back and tell them they are fucked, they just put them back on the shelf. That is what happened when I hired I Spit On Your Grave, which is why I haven't seen it.

The Hitcher. Ruger Hauer, C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Hauer is a methodical serial killer haunting the highways of the US, Howell is a professional driver who picks him up, escapes and then continually comes up against him and Leigh is a waitress who gets ripped in half by a truck! Fucking violent as fuck film! :kickass:

The Hitcher is my favourite road thriller!!!

Ceydn: I own Curse Of The Cannibal Confederates. Almost unwatchably bad. And I mean not just a really bad film, but so poorly made it is literally almost unwatchable - you can barely see anything or hear any dialogue! Troma have even said it's probably the worst film in their catalogue, which says alot from a company that also owns Demented Death Farm Massacre: The Movie!

:lol:

All I remember is a lot of "heads flicking around" for no reason. It looked awesome! Too bad about the quality though.

I have to get into more Troma. I've only seen the first 3 Toxies and Tromeo & Juliet (monster cock = win).

Troma are very hit & miss.

See "Bloodsucking Freaks", "Mother's Day" and "Terror Firmer" for their best 3 films (along with the first Toxie). Bloodsucking Freaks & Mother's Day weren't made by Troma though, they just own it.

Troma are both a production studio and distribution company. But sometimes they re-edit the movies before they release them. That was the case with Demented Death Farm Massacre, that was a 1971 sexploitation film called "Honey Britches" that didnt even see a release coz it was so bad. Of course in 1986, Troma bought it, had John Carradine mumble incoherently between a few scenes, re-edit it, and call it Demented Death Farm Massacre and gave it a worldwide release haha.

Similar with Bloodsucking Freaks, it was made in 1976 originally called a bunch of things like "House of the Screaming Virgins" and "The Incredible Torture Show" but apart from a few small cinema runs & screenings (mostly badly cut), it didn't get a proper release until 1978 when Troma bought it, edited a proper uncut version with the director and released it as Bloodsucking Freaks.

And Mother's Day was directed by Charles Kaufman, who is the brother of Lloyd Kaufman (President & founder of Troma, who directs most of the Troma-made films). So no wonder Lloyd released that!

It's hilarious.

Lemmy's in it :headbang:

The monster cock scene makes the whole movie worthwhile. Lots of titties too.