hot news:"Anthrology..." & "Alive 2" = old shit?

I hate it when people speak against this reunion, and say they're moving backwards. If Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and other bands can reunite with their classic lineups, why can't Anthrax?

And if you ask me, all their real fans lost interest in the band after SOWN. It really amazes me how so many people prefer the mediocre alterative metal that is WCFYA to the thrashiness of ATL.

[/rant]

johnnyMT said:
And if you ask me, all their real fans lost interest in the band after SOWN. [/rant]

What?! Are you fucking serious?

johnnyMT said:
It really amazes me how so many people prefer the mediocre alterative metal that is WCFYA to the thrashiness of ATL.[/rant]

Despite of being Bush fan, I never said that I prefer WCFYA to ATL... It's all about the singer. That's it johnnyMT.

johnnyMT said:
I hate it when people speak against this reunion, and say they're moving backwards. If Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and other bands can reunite with their classic lineups, why can't Anthrax?

Because Anthrax found a stronger line up post SOWN

And if you ask me, all their real fans lost interest in the band after SOWN. It really amazes me how so many people prefer the mediocre alterative metal that is WCFYA to the thrashiness of ATL.

[/rant]

mediocre alternative metal/ WCFYA hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha
2 words - Black Dahlia.
Nuff Sed. :D

The Chief=Charlie...which means the others, including Scott, doesn´t have any say about what´s going on in the band? That sound pretty weird to me.
Or did he mean that Charlie will decide which singer will suit the material written by him better?

Jockthrax said:
mediocre alternative metal/ WCFYA hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha
2 words - Black Dahlia.

Well said dave!!

I'm just chuffed that there will be new material, and real excited to hear what a Joey / Danny album in 2005/6 will sound like. POT or WCFYA? Will Joey finally contribute some lyrics???

It's a good time to be a 'Thrax fan.:headbang:

scottishthrax said:
Well said dave!!

I'm just chuffed that there will be new material, and real excited to hear what a Joey / Danny album in 2005/6 will sound like. POT or WCFYA? Will Joey finally contribute some lyrics???

It's a good time to be a 'Thrax fan.:headbang:

I think (unfortunatly) that a new album with Joey and Dan is looking increasingly more likely, it wouldn't make much sense for the band to tour the arse outta this reunion thing then not try to follow it up with an album. You would have to look from Joey and Danny's perspective, would they be happy to come aboard for the best part of a year only to be told "cheers guys it's been a blast but we're fucking off to do an album with John and Rob".
The vagueness of the whole reunion issue makes me think the band are looking at the future along the lines of "lets see what makes more money", which makes me feel very sorry for Rob and Bush.
I hope i'm proved wrong.

Mr. Wu said:
Exactly t-rave. And my friend in Australia, we can't move forward until we at least tour everywhere with the reunion once. We haven't done the U.S. or Japan or a proper headline run in Europe...

AHEM! :cool: , tho they have been thru Chicago and Detroit Rock City! :tickled:

Jockthrax said:
I think (unfortunatly) that a new album with Joey and Dan is looking increasingly more likely, it wouldn't make much sense for the band to tour the arse outta this reunion thing then not try to follow it up with an album. You would have to look from Joey and Danny's perspective, would they be happy to come aboard for the best part of a year only to be told "cheers guys it's been a blast but we're fucking off to do an album with John and Rob".
The vagueness of the whole reunion issue makes me think the band are looking at the future along the lines of "lets see what makes more money", which makes me feel very sorry for Rob and Bush.
I hope i'm proved wrong.

I think you´re 100% right, Jock!

johnnyMT said:

[/rant]

Here we go with the "real" fan bullshit again...

Jockthrax said:
2 words - Black Dahlia.

Okay that one good song from the album. To me, there are two other good tracks- What Doesn't Die and Nobody knows Anything. But the rest is just filler, alternative stuff with catchy choruses and those noises in the backround.

And its not that I prefer Belladonna AS A SINGER, but as a band I feel they were better when they had him, they were faster, had better lyrics and a sense of humor that made them very unique. If Bush was on Spreading the Disease - Attack of the Killer B's and then Joey came in on SOWN I would most likely like John more than Joey.

John is an awesome guy and has a great voice. I'm not dissing him at all. Its the rest of the band that went downhill after he came in.

Only song I really like on WCFYA is "Caddilac rock box" 1. because it has a decent solo, 2. it is a sool SONG it has IMO nothing to do with ANTHRAX....

What doesn;t die is decent but I don;t like the rest of the album at all....refuse to be denied is also reasonable if you don;t considder it to be ANTHRAX

johnnieCzech said:
The Chief=Charlie...which means the others, including Scott, doesn´t have any say about what´s going on in the band? That sound pretty weird to me.
Or did he mean that Charlie will decide which singer will suit the material written by him better?

Is everything a damned chinese riddle to you?:lol:

Wait. Now you have me wondering. :erk:

johnnyMT said:
And its not that I prefer Belladonna AS A SINGER, but as a band I feel they were better when they had him, they were faster, had better lyrics and a sense of humor that made them very unique.

You're right, they were different but everything was different. Even if the original line-up from 1987 has reunited, each band member has changed, correlations among them has changed etc. If you think that the reunited Anthrax in 2005 or 2006 is able to release "Among The Living Pt. II", you are wrong.

johnnyMT said:
And its not that I prefer Belladonna AS A SINGER, but as a band I feel they were better when they had him, they were faster, had better lyrics and a sense of humor that made them very unique. .

They were faster and had a sense of humor NOT because of Joey. I´m sorry. They definitely DIDN´T have better lyrics in the old times, I´m sorry again. There was actually a big change in lyrics after John joined the band and I think they got a lot better.

johnnieCzech said:
They were faster and had a sense of humor NOT because of Joey. I´m sorry. They definitely DIDN´T have better lyrics in the old times, I´m sorry again. There was actually a big change in lyrics after John joined the band and I think they got a lot better.

No way, the lyrics on the belladonna albums were about bigger issues, like racism and stuff like that, or humorous subjects like on I am the Law and N.F.L and I'm the man, and thats something I can appreciate much more (I know Joey didn't write any of the lyrics btw). They're certainly much more impressive and interesting than another song about relationships or personal conflicts or whatever they write about now.