hot news:"Anthrology..." & "Alive 2" = old shit?

Jesse1Custer

Oct 24, 2002
Visit site
hey scott and charlie?

what is that a lame release?

the anthrology contains only the old (but gold) songs? nothing new on it?
what diffrents can i hear on the "remastered". or is this only a promotion thing, and its still the same?

i hope the live 2 kicks ass.....

Yeah - I'm now going to say it out loud.....

Anthrax is living in the past and needs to get on with writing the follow up to the awesome WCFYA. The band has totally stagnated, and I, despite seeing the reunion shows twice here in May and thinking it was great, want to see them stop living on past glories. MOMD and TGO2E were great, but now it's a total regression, and I gotta wonder if they're losing any fans in the process.

alot of times former record companies realease this stuff whether the band wants them too or not. I am sure Island wants to put this out while there is a buzz around the reunion lineup...a band can either get on board and promote it or ignore it and have it put out anyways..The Bush material is not property of Island so I am sure that is why there isnt any on there....hopefully a box set down the road will cover it all!

Exactly t-rave. And my friend in Australia, we can't move forward until we at least tour everywhere with the reunion once. We haven't done the U.S. or Japan or a proper headline run in Europe. Just because you got to see us in Australia doesn't mean we're done. Believe me, I can't wait for new material. More so than any of you because I've heard some of it. Right now it's between me and the Chief.

johnnieCzech said:
Please, no.
Forward, not backwards.
I concur and you know I'm old skool - I loved thrashing in 1985 and like the Groove in 2005.

And Danny and John together again NOT - SOWN was good but there was too much tension betwwen these two guys "music styles" for me.

Got my S442 in the Mail on Monday :headbang:

DarbysDad said:
I concur and you know I'm old skool - I loved thrashing in 1985 and like the Groove in 2005.

And Danny and John together again NOT - SOWN was good but there was too much tension betwwen these two guys "music styles" for me.

Got my S442 in the Mail on Monday :headbang:

And who wants Danny in the band? Rob is (hopefully) still here...

Mr. Wu said:
Exactly t-rave. And my friend in Australia, we can't move forward until we at least tour everywhere with the reunion once. We haven't done the U.S. or Japan or a proper headline run in Europe. Just because you got to see us in Australia doesn't mean we're done. Believe me, I can't wait for new material. More so than any of you because I've heard some of it. Right now it's between me and the Chief.

Great. New material....vocal parts....John or Joey....lead guitar parts....Rob or Danny...? To bring or not to bring. That's the question... But what about the answer...?

As much as I LOVED seeing the band on the reunion tour at Sayerville, I love WCFYA. It is easily one of my favorite records of all time (that never got the recognition it deserves). I hope the material in question is Bush, because thats the shit I wanna hear

Well come what may - its your band Mr Wu, I am just a happy fan regardless of the lineup.

But if you get Julio Iglesius back that would totally destroy. Just imagine What Doesn't Die sung in spanish. Doesn't get more metal than that!

\m/