HOT SAUCE

With these hot sauces....isn't there just a small handful of ingredients that can constitute a hot sauce?

well first of all there is about a million different chili cultivars and they taste different, sometimes subtly, sometimes very obviously so

so you can mix milder and hotter chilis, chilis with hints of lemon or whatever, you can smoke your chilis, you can put garlic in or no garlic, or whatever other spices you can think of, and you can use different kinds of vinegar (or no vinegar) and you can use fruit juices and blah blah blah

in short: NO

seems like the local thai store has sriracha, i found on their website that they sell this (this is some other webstore but it's the same thing):

http://importfood.com/sash0709.html

it's not the usa-produced cock sauce bottle but supposedly a genuine thai kind. i haven't had the chance to buy it yet because they're not open on mondays but tomorrow i will get my sriracha on y'all

guess what gingers

1449xjm.jpg

well i just had sriracha on a pizza and: 1) it is indeed really yummy 2) i'm not as badass as i think i am, this stuff makes me sweat a bit actually

local thai store had both cock brand and shark brand and i ended up trusting y'all and getting the cock brand

Frank's is ok. Nothing memorable but will reach for it if nothing else is available in the market.
heck I like those skinny bottle $.99 mexican sauces better.