Hot Topic Presents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elysian893 said:
hot topic is where all the emo and goth kids in america shop, they make it cool to be a faggot. thats why its a bad thing bodom is on this tour, but its expected, as those kids are who the new album was tailored for.

Oh so Hottopic is just sponsoring the tour/gig or something? Nothing to do with the other bands?

Its a tid bit sad to see Bodom in there though. At first I thought they were touring or putting a show on with all those guys or something... scary thought.

Sixpounder666 said:
I don't see how this album was tailored to the american crowd, or how it is dumbed down, or how anybody couldn't see the style on AYDY coming. HCDR was a faster, heavier, thrashier album than FTR, could it also possibly be that Alexi wanted to make this type of album because that is the music he wanted to play? I think the songs are just as complicated and varied as on previous releases. Not bitching to anybody that doesn't like it, but to say it is tailored seems to me to be stretching supposedly how bad AYDY is
you obviously don't have a lot of musical knowledge.

Elysian893 said:
and you probably like AYDY, enough said.
I like just about everything CoB has put out. I don't feel a need to call a band a "sellout" because they want to book more venues than they have in the past. They're trying to get their music out there to anyone who will hear it, and you fuckers talk shit.

I don't know if your income depends on your musical abilities, but my guess is that it doesn't. It's common knowledge that CD's don't bring in as much money as they used to, so bands tour. CoB has to make money somehow.

If you don't like AYDY, fine. However, I get the feeling from so many of you that you're all bent on trying to keep a fucking "image" of being some hard ass metal head. Well guess what, music AND people change over time; get this through your fucking skull. If CoB wants to play a tour hosted by Hot Topic, by all means let them; it's their choice, not yours. You can choose to listen to listen to them or not. If CoB touring under a "Hot Topic" tour name bothers you, get a fucking grip.

eggo said:
I like just about everything CoB has put out. I don't feel a need to call a band a "sellout" because they want to book more venues than they have in the past. They're trying to get their music out there to anyone who will hear it, and you fuckers talk shit.

I don't know if your income depends on your musical abilities, but my guess is that it doesn't. It's common knowledge that CD's don't bring in as much money as they used to, so bands tour. CoB has to make money somehow.

If you don't like AYDY, fine. However, I get the feeling from so many of you that you're all bent on trying to keep a fucking "image" of being some hard ass metal head. Well guess what, music AND people change over time; get this through your fucking skull. If CoB wants to play a tour hosted by Hot Topic, by all means let them; it's their choice, not yours. You can choose to listen to listen to them or not. If CoB touring under a "Hot Topic" tour name bothers you, get a fucking grip.

It does bother me, and i firmly have a grip on my sensibilities. I find hot-topic a moronic store that serves moronic bullshit to the masses. If COB can sell their music and image to 10yr old kids who hang about in malls then they clearly have taken a direction most older metal fans will not like. Christ, the album is shit compared to their older stuff, its been watered down to fit the needs of America and America = $$$ I find that a simple equation to assimilate.

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
i have been lookin for one, maybe a trenchcoat so i can be grim...cant seem to find any around here though, i am in the shittiest town on planet earth :yell:
lol mines pretty conservative, pretty classy really, but i like it, and got a hell of a deal on it... right now is probly the best time to buy as its after christmas, thats when i got mine, almost 4 years ago

Final_Product said:
It does bother me, and i firmly have a grip on my sensibilities. I find hot-topic a moronic store that serves moronic bullshit to the masses. If COB can sell their music and image to 10yr old kids who hang about in malls then they clearly have taken a direction most older metal fans will not like. Christ, the album is shit compared to their older stuff, its been watered down to fit the needs of America and America = $$$ I find that a simple equation to assimilate.
So, you don't believe exposing the younger kids to an experienced GOOD band is a good thing?

Yeah, America = money. HEAVEN FORBID A BAND TRY AND MAKE MONEY.

All i'm saying is when COB can be marketed to young kids who hang about in malls and shop in hot-topic, their music is no longer to the tastes of fans who got into them in a bygone era.

Its that simple. If you cant see this as a money grabbing opportunity aimed at dumping a loyal but small european fanbase for a lucrative, mass market, american one then i cannot help you.

What ever, I am still disgusted as I was when....Alexander left, when they started wearing camo, when they released AYDY, when they were selling their merch at Hot Topic, and now they are playing at a show sponsored by Hot Topic....anyone seeing a pattern here???

Status
Not open for further replies.