Hours of Wealth live

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
I think this song would be really cool to be played live, maybe on the DVD. Although I doubt it, they've never played it before ever. It could be just Mikael and Per and it would be similar to them playing Weakness on the Lamentations DVD... Anyone else thought about this?

I think it's a pretty underrated song, I dont ever see much mention of it on here. They could lead right into the Grand Conjuration too if they played it live.

abcdefg said:
I think it's a pretty underrated song, I dont ever see much mention of it on here. They could lead right into the Grand Conjuration too if they played it live.

i love hours of wealth, but the idea of leading it into TGC is a terrible idea. i pray that TGC wont be played on the next dvd. fill that slot with wreath or something rare and fantastic.

They'd better cut it off after the halfway point cause the second has all the live appeal of "weakness" aka none unless you want a popcorn break and can't find the pause button on your remote

there´s already a thread for the upcoming DVD. anyway I hope they play 2 and a half hours, with no songs from lamentations and maybe 4 from new cd, and GoP must be there...

lol you lot treat TGC as if it's Roadrunner's song and not Opeth's. Hours of Wealth would be the highlight if they played it

BRI said:
lol you lot treat TGC as if it's Roadrunner's song and not Opeth's. Hours of Wealth would be the highlight if they played it

Yeah, that's definitely their very best live song. SO MUCH ENERGY AND AWESOME GUITAR WORK! :erk: It doesn't even build dramatically like their best ballads (Face of Melinda, Hope Leaves and TBYF). The intro builds for a while but then it's like "oh hey this song is going to stick in one dynamic and just sort of peter out." Not cool for a live song.