Hours of Wealth

Agree with Hibernal Dream. HoW is excellent, but Benighted is just fuckin' amazing, how the vocals flow into the song in the beginning. If you don't like this song, well you just don't like music.

Wow you guys are crybabies.

Yes TBYF and FOM have distortion ,but would they really be classified as heavy? For christ sake. They put Demon Of The Fall to shame. (rolls eyes)

Get over it Benighted to me is boring. It's my opinon... get over it.

:Smug:

Hypnos said:
exactly my opinion

@EternalDamnation06: i disagree. Benighted is one the best mellow Opeth songs, besides Credence, Harvest and To Bid You Farewell. if i had to chose between Benighted and Face Of Melinda, i'd always take Benighted.

*edit* fixed

totally fucking unreal song. amazing lyrics, great guitar and keyboard work and sound and mikes voice is at its best on this song!!!!!!
LOVE IT

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
yeah, sorry i cant help feel that way about this song at present. The intro is fantastic (the solo is nice too), but as soon as the vocals start i cant stand it. Its not his ability im disputing, its the style i just dont like.

what can i say *hunches* ?

I agree with you completly. A beautiful intro, and a great, emotional solo to finish things off, but Mike's singing in this song is just not my thing.

samlazzari said:
totally fucking unreal song. amazing lyrics, great guitar and keyboard work and sound and mikes voice is at its best on this song!!!!!!
LOVE IT
+1000

I can't stop listening to this song. It's (almost) like seeing the rising, it never gets old.

hibernal_dream said:
lol. Benighted is by far their best mellow song. The fact that no-one here likes it is proof of that. Face of Melinda, To Bid you Farewell don't come close to it (nor are they truly "mellow"), not to mention both are extremely boring and way too long. And all of Opeths songs rip off Camel so how is that a valid argument?

no Opeth songs are complete rip offs of camel songs you nunce. youre just as ignorant as the guy you were flaming for his camel statement. the only song that could be penned as such is ending credits for its structural and melody similarities, and the intro to benighted which is a loosely camel derived melody.

both of you stfu

NineFeetUnderground said:
the intro to benighted which is a loosely camel derived melody.

yeah, like ice ice baby is loosely derived from the intro to under pressure

saut said:
yeah, like ice ice baby is loosely derived from the intro to under pressure

uhh, listen to both back to back. only the first few notes are all that similar. the phrasing and tempo is completely different anyway, as well as the 2nd half of both intros being very different.

edit: whats wrong with you lately saut? you were fine for a while, but youre kind of being an idiot lately...whats the deal?

i was only talking about the first few notes. obviously never let go and benighted are pretty damn different other than that, but those parts do sound very similar.

you take me too seriously sometimes nfu, i never mean any harm.