Hours of Wealth

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
I have been listening to Hours of Wealth a lot and it occurs to me that this song is fucking awesome, truly a classy song that is underrated. I happen to prefer this to Isolation Years. Brilliantly dark riffs in the intro, and ending with a heartfelt solo which reminds me of Epilogue. Anyone have any thoughts, please discuss.

ive always enjoyed that song.........porlly one of Mike's best vocla melodies...specialy when he goes..."Agga aaa aa aiiin"...adn the "Im alone...and far from home"....beautiful piece of music...!!!.......Mike has a awesome voice......def. one of the better songs on teh CD...!!........PEAC EOUT

Love the song as well, one of my faves from GR. Does anyone happen to know the chords being played behind Mike's vox and the solo? I know the entire intro bit (still need to practice it more), but I haven't been able to figure out what the chords are for the rest.

But yeah, definitely a kick ass tune.

metal_wrath said:
I have been listening to Hours of Wealth a lot and it occurs to me that this song is fucking awesome, truly a classy song that is underrated. I happen to prefer this to Isolation Years. Brilliantly dark riffs in the intro, and ending with a heartfelt solo which reminds me of Epilogue. Anyone have any thoughts, please discuss.

I find the intro from that song awesome, but it's the part where mikael starts singing that I like a little bit less, not because I don't like his voice (I'd be crazy lol), but I don't really like the blues ambiance, with only voice, silences and piano chords. Though, I reckon it's made with a lot of talent but it's just not my genre. I hope they would have made a complete song with the intro and another complete one that is more like the end :p

the solo does rule, but as a whole, the song doesnt really hold my interest (in fact, isolation years is the only clean song on GR that does). mike's vocals are well done, but the mee...eeeeeee part always bugged me.

I love both HoW and Isolation Years, IY more though probably. Yeah the solo is beautiful, as is Mike's vocal melody.

The chords aren't too difficult, don't have the cd on me right now, and I'm gonna write notes instead of chords cuz I really need to brush up on theory, but from memory...

D C# C B Bb A G C#
F F .F D .D D Bb G
A A .A F .F F D

hope you get what I mean, its just based around Dm with a desending chromatic root note

FuneralPortrait said:
I love both HoW and Isolation Years, IY more though probably. Yeah the solo is beautiful, as is Mike's vocal melody.

The chords aren't too difficult, don't have the cd on me right now, and I'm gonna write notes instead of chords cuz I really need to brush up on theory, but from memory...

D C# C B Bb A G C#
F F .F D .D D Bb G
A A .A F .F F D

hope you get what I mean, its just based around Dm with a desending chromatic root note

Thanks, d00d! I will try that out tonight in GarageBand and see how it sounds!