Hours Of Wealth

This is coming from a "novice" to the Opeth forum, but I feel I'd start a thread in query of Hours Of Wealth. I feel the song is one of Opeth's most underrated, and is incredibly beautiful. The riff that starts at 1:03 is awesome, how it transforms to sync with keys being played in the same rhythm. The vocals are awesome, and the solo is one of my favorites.

I agree!

the singing on Hours of Wealth is really getting on my nerves and unsuccessful. Moreover nothing fancy about the song imo, on the other hand Beneath the Mire is a complete different story.

the epic ending with " A delusion made me stronger" part is really crushing!

Ya I'm working on covering both of them as well but with 2-3 solos in a song I often take a really long time cuz after putting in all the work for the first solo (I've been playing like 2.5 years so it's still really hard), the song just has me worn out. Might just record the first solo to the Funeral Portrait like that at this point.

mike played the first few bars of hours of wealth at the Minneapolis show in September
it my girlfriends favorite song...she screamed in my ear reeeeeeeeeeeeeely loud when he played it
even tho it wasn't planned, it was one of the most memorable moments for ME at the concert

mike played the first few bars of hours of wealth at the Minneapolis show in September
it my girlfriends favorite song...she screamed in my ear reeeeeeeeeeeeeely loud when he played it
even tho it wasn't planned, it was one of the most memorable moments for ME at the concert

That's pretty sick that you saw Hours Of Wealth live. I didn't even know that it's been played live, yet.

Hours of Wealth is a beautiful song. The sadness and loneliness in Mikael's voice really moves me.

The song is so warm sounding, great tones.

I love how the song develops, how it picks up and gets extremely intimate and personal all of a sudden.

And the solo is a wonderful, memorable expression of the song.

I love it!