Hours of Wealth solo...

Mirrored Ghost

midst a dreaming affinity
Aug 7, 2004
Seems almost like it could be a continuation to the acoustic solo that Mikael did in "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". Yes, I realize that the two solos are very different, but there are certain little nuances here and there that are reminiscent to his Arriving solo. This thought just popped in my head the first time I heard it. Tell me if you hear this as well.

Another thing that perked my ears...

Towards the ending of "Atonement" (at exactly 5:17), there is an effect over the keys (like a playing in reverse effect) that reminds me a great deal of a Paatos song in their album "Kallocain". I know there are some Paatos fans here, so listen to the very beginning of "Won't Be Coming Back" and you'll possibly hear it.

I just find it interesting because Paatos thanked Mikael in the album sleeve and I was wondering if he possibly gave some ideas towards that album. It doesn't mention that, but at times there is a "Damnation" feel to it.

This is kind of a two part thread. Let's make of it what we will.

On a side note, I am thoroughly enjoying GR and this new direction the band took. The more I'm listening to it, the more I love it.

Well, there ya have it. For a moment there, I thought either no one heard it or perhaps they did but did not care to comment. Ahhh, that's ok.

Anyway, that was very nice of you to respond to my thread..... or maybe you were just bored. lol. :tickled:

Ok, moving on...

The vocals on Hours Of Wealth sound like that black category of music known as duwap. I'm not saying it sounds bad because I actually enjoy this song quite I bit, I just feel the vocals have that urban 60's type vibe to them thats all.