HOUSTON WE Have a Problem!!!!!

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
For anyone that has already booked flights on Delta, the Delta Pilots voted today to strike if Delta management asks for more pay concessions from the pilots. If they do strike it is reported that Delta will fold, and that my friends sucks big time. I have already booked my flight on Delta using Frequent flyer miles, so if they strike i will have to make other arrangements. I don't mind the having to shell out the money it's the inconvience of the whole thing. like what if they don't strike till Sept or if they strike while at PPVII then i have a problem as will anyone who has booked on Delta, and what of the bands that may have flown over to Atlanta on Delta, now we have a major problem. So right now i will just take a wait and see approach, but i will be looking at flights or maybe driving.

Beat me to it, Curufin. :)

If Delta folds, other airlines will step in where they can to get people where they need to go. This sort of thing has happened before.

Local experts give them only a 10% or so chance of striking....but pretty much a -0- chance of survival if the strike lasts more than 24 hours.

Pyramaze51 said:
For anyone that has already booked flights on Delta, the Delta Pilots voted today to strike if Delta management asks for more pay concessions from the pilots. If they do strike it is reported that Delta will fold, and that my friends sucks big time. I have already booked my flight on Delta using Frequent flyer miles, so if they strike i will have to make other arrangements. I don't mind the having to shell out the money it's the inconvience of the whole thing. like what if they don't strike till Sept or if they strike while at PPVII then i have a problem as will anyone who has booked on Delta, and what of the bands that may have flown over to Atlanta on Delta, now we have a major problem. So right now i will just take a wait and see approach, but i will be looking at flights or maybe driving.

Luckily for me... I have great friends at Continental! Hooray for buddy passes!!!

I havent booked my flights yet, I usually fly Delta but I am flying ATA to Chicago and if all goes well I might just stick with them, though I havent checked if they even fly into Atlanta!!

Bear

Pyramaze51 said:
For anyone that has already booked flights on Delta, the Delta Pilots voted today to strike if Delta management asks for more pay concessions from the pilots. If they do strike it is reported that Delta will fold, and that my friends sucks big time. I have already booked my flight on Delta using Frequent flyer miles, so if they strike i will have to make other arrangements. I don't mind the having to shell out the money it's the inconvience of the whole thing. like what if they don't strike till Sept or if they strike while at PPVII then i have a problem as will anyone who has booked on Delta, and what of the bands that may have flown over to Atlanta on Delta, now we have a major problem.

...and what if a meteor slams into the ocean on September 4th and a wall of fire and water sweeps over us incinerating and drowning us at the same time?

Bad shit is happening everywhere, all the time. Chill out dood. If we can make it to Atlanta through Ivan (and after Katrina) we can make it there despite just about anything.

This is one of the reasons I DON'T fly any of the major airlines, if possible. My only bad experience with a minor league airline was with Sun Country (whew...had to check my spelling! :heh: ) That's a huge-long-horrible-me almost getting arrested at the airport story...Obiously, they're history AFAIK.

I fly Midwest Airlines (formerly Midwest Express) out of Milwaukee, and I gotta say that even through their downsizing, I NEVER, EVER had a single problem with them. Back in the old days, they served steak on their lunch/dinner flights, and a champagne breakfast with omlettes as real as you can get on a plane. back then they were about $25 higher than the lowest fee airline. The main draw for them yesterday, as well today is the 2 seats per side, and they are the bigger wider 1st class sort of seat. They fly to most of the places I go. GREAT airline, and now they compete with the cheapies too.

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
My only bad experience with a minor league airline was with Sun Country

I flew Sun Country once, and I had no complaints, except that, for some reason, they had to use the international terminal in Detroit (Wayne Co. Airport), and my friend who came to pick me up had a hell of a time finding me. Hell, I even got to sit next to a really hot girl ;) -- something that's never happened to me on a plane, before or since.

Remembering last year... didn't a bunch of people almost have the same problem with Delta right around ProgPower time? "Fool me once..."

WOOOOOHOOOOOO just found out i have to go on a company trip starting the 18th of Sept (Huntsville, Al) so if Delta does go on strike i am covered. My company will fly me on the 13th to atlanta, stay there till the 17th, get rental car(company expense) drive to Huntsville do my work, drive back to Atlanta on the 23th and fly home, plus i will get per deim for those days, so it works out better. I will just be worthless on Monday the 18th, oh well they will have to live with it.

It looks like American is raising their prices via fuel surcharges, IIRC. I think proces may be going up this summer, especially if gas is $3+/per gallon.
It's still about $200 round trip from Milwaukee, I hate booking this early, but as Paranoid blares through my skull, I may have to lock in the lights tonight....

J-Dubya