Travel Arrangements for ProgPower X

I'm catching a red-eye from Seattle late Thursday night. I usually don't have much luck sleeping on a plane, but it better happen this time or I'll be frickin tired on Friday :zombie: (won't stop me though!). I'm staying at Hotel Midtown, leaving Sunday afternoon.

Driving to Newark on Wednesday to catch a 1:45 flight on Continental to Atlanta. Staying at the Georgian Terrace so I'm out of the way (but I got a hell of a deal and I'll take that over paying normal rates any day). Leaving Sunday at noon.

Marvina and I fly out at 7:21 am after a hard night of partying with Primal Fear at the Key Club:kickass: Arrive at 3:30 Atlanta wED. Staying at the Condo again. Pabla arrives Thursday afternoon. At the end Pabla and Marvina fly out at the ass crack of dawn on Sunday...I did that once and never again... I fly out at 1pm Sunday...still home by 5pm in CA.

I fly with Delta from San Jose (Costa Rica) straight to Atlanta arriving around 19:00 local time on Wednesday. Stay with the ladies at the Condo and depart Sunday morning.

BTW Kristy I'll need sometimes close to flying day the details on how to arrive from airport to the place and all that jazz ;)

Detroit to Atlanta on Wed via Delta, and I believe the same going home on Sunday.

Staying at the Georgian Terrace - about 1.5 miles away from the hotel. I've read in reviews it's a damn nice brand new hotel. The price was certainly reasonable.

It's not that bad of a walk, bro... :lol:

Unless you're trying to cross the road during rush hour or lunch. Then it's a pain in the ass. Otherwise, it's a fairly short walk. Heck, last year my friends and I walked from the Regency Suites to Center Stage. It's a straight shot, but a longer hike than from the Super 8 to Center Stage. But if you want to not have to hassle with attempting to cross a busy road, the Marta is less hassle.

Staying at the Georgian Terrace so I'm out of the way (but I got a hell of a deal and I'll take that over paying normal rates any day).

Let me guess... Priceline name your own price? :) The Georgian Terrace is indeed a PL hotel, and it's really nice. I've stayed there for a bid of $39! Here's my secret:

http://www.betterbidding.com/

It's a "cheat" site that lists participating hotels and what price folks are getting their rooms for.

~ Jen

Let me guess... Priceline name your own price? :) The Georgian Terrace is indeed a PL hotel, and it's really nice. I've stayed there for a bid of $39! Here's my secret:

http://www.betterbidding.com/

It's a "cheat" site that lists participating hotels and what price folks are getting their rooms for.

~ Jen

Yep. I always use PL and BB when I'm traveling and have an option to stay in any hotel. We didn't get as good a deal as $39 but the prices usually deviate depending on the time of year and even weekday vs weekend.
Used it last year and stayed at Hotel Indigo next door.

OK so I use ProgPower to meet up with one of my oldest friends - he drives from Maryland, I fly from Colorado. We seem to have figured out that our first night togeher we are usually too paralyzed to even watch jerry springer the following morning (another ProgPower ritual, I have only seen Jerry Springer on tv during the Fest - and it is hysterical).

So - rather than have this affect ANY shows - we are going to get there on Tuesday this year and get our worst hangover out of the way early so we can be fine for the 4 days of Merriment & Mayhem.

We are staying at the inn at the Peachtrees again this year - they seem to like us there :) Flying from Denver to ATL on Tuesday - get in mid day (should be late enough to check into the room) - by the time i get MARTA from the airport. Jim usually heads to FL first to visit some family on the way - we have a couple more coming from New Mexico but not sure if they will get in Tuesday or Wednesday. Anyone there early - get in touch,

Cheers
jeff

Oh yeah - we spend our morning/afternoon recovering from the night before by getting a little hair of the dog into us - and trying to figure out if we have seen the people from whatever the current show is on another one. We REALLY want to do a spoof of it one night - just go out to the bars with a camera and microphone and a couple "actors" and jsut start dragging everyone there into our little world :) Might mess with their heads a bit - but it'd be fun, instead of the regular night out at the bar either dancing or watching sports on the tvs :)

One of these days, you all have been warned lol :) Those in Colorado should especially be alert.

We get into Atlanta on Delta at 2PM on Wednesday. Direct from San Jose... Artmore Bound....
Would like to glom onto anyone going to the market!! :D

Brett

Doh! Jax already posted... :lol:

The memories of the show we saw last year still haunt me to this day.

I don't recall if you were with us, but a few years back, we introduced Julien to American baseball, The Simpsons (With actual voices, instead of French overdubs), and the splendor of Maury Povich and Springer. It brought a tear to all of our eyes.

mëtålspëd;8454802 said:
I don't recall if you were with us, but a few years back, we introduced Julien to American baseball, The Simpsons (With actual voices, instead of French overdubs), and the splendor of Maury Povich and Springer. It brought a tear to all of our eyes.

Nope, I don't think I was there for this one.

But I'm sure you can remember the two of us, Greg and Sean watching Maury, and hearing the chants

"Man! Man! Man!" (crowd pointing to shemales... LOL)