Arrival Time for PPVII

Wayniac said:
Wed - noonish - MARTA is the easiest way to go - about 15 minutes from the airport
Yep, Wednesday it is....though I'm a bit partial to taxi's 'cause I'm a lazy bitch and there always seems to be "weather issues." :loco:

Wednesday late afternoon.

Oh man, it didn't sound bad at the time, but now I realize I have to walk two miles after a concert to where I am staying for 3 nights in a row!

By the way, is there any cool cultural things to do in Atlanta?

Thursday afternoon. Me, Burke and UnkaKev will be driving in.

Well.

I will be driving.

THEY will be holding on for dear life.

j/k Burke is a speed demon too and Kev just can't stay awake for the trip up...so it is all good.

Greykiller said:
Thursday afternoon. Me, Burke and UnkaKev will be driving in.

Well.

I will be driving.

THEY will be holding on for dear life.

j/k Burke is a speed demon too and Kev just can't stay awake for the trip up...so it is all good.
Actually I took off Wednesday too, so I actually get to sleep the night before the Pre-Party!

As far as Greykiller's driving...I see nothing but plaid!
plaid.gif

Who else is staying at the RI? Maybe we could meet up before heading down to Earthlink, shoot the shit, and start getting tanked! WHOO HOO! :kickass:

DISCLAIMER: Kevin encourages PP attendees to drink responsibly. Well unless you're a HOTT chick or a band member, that has already played, that doesn't have to drive. Then, by all means, get tore up! :p

Soul of Ice said:

Not really.

:lol:

I suppose I should be a loyal Atlanta supporter and mention our amazing new aquarium -- the world's largest, or maybe not, but we say it is, so there! -- and other spots like the High Museum, the World of Coca-Cola (all the global Coke you can stand!) and Fernbank Science Center.........but let's face it, Atlanta is fast becoming a cultural wasteland, unless you're big into the rap and hip-hop scene, yo. :rolleyes:

Oh, it's also a decent place to eat and shop. Not normally for prog- and power-metal CDs, though....ProgPower is the exception. Glenn should publicize the CD vendors' room and charge $3 admission for just it. :heh:

Dave, if you're Amtraking it, plan on arriving a day before you want to do anything in the evening. Ever since KatRita, the Crescent hasn't operated anywhere NEAR on time whenever I've checked its status or seen it go by. Case in point, last night, where it rolled by a cool 2.5 hours late. :Smokin:

Who else is staying at the RI? Maybe we could meet up before heading down to Earthlink, shoot the shit, and start getting tanked! WHOO HOO!

We are at the Residence Inn also, and a met up early before the pre-party sounds like a winner.

Also, i am making alternate plane reservations today. The thingy with the Delta pilots has me a little worried. If they strike then i will have to fly American or Frontier. oh well go from bad to good or great.

Pellaz said:
I suppose I should be a loyal Atlanta supporter and mention our amazing new aquarium -- the world's largest, or maybe not, but we say it is, so there! -- and other spots like the High Museum, the World of Coca-Cola (all the global Coke you can stand!) and Fernbank Science Center.

The High Museum is pretty cool if you're into art.

Don't forget Six Flags (on Sunday).

A friend fo mine and I will be flying to Orlando FL on Wednesday and splitting rental car costs with at least 3 other boricuas we'll meet there. The airfare to Atlanta from Puerto Rico is damn EXPENSIVE. Orlando is a much more reasonable ticket. The drive is not so bad either. Our only requirement on the rental car: good sound system.

Soul of Ice said:

Depending on your definition of "cultural", people may suggest anything between the State Capitol to Cheetahs :). I have been to Olympic Centennial Park, the Georgia Dome (a killer if you like football at only $6.00 a tour), CNN, the Underground Mall and the Coca-Cola tour. I have to say, the only one I regret taking is the Coca-Cola tour. You actually have to PAY to see endless (and shameless) advertising :puke:. Nothing at all what I expected (the actual manufacturing of coke and all, though I really liked that passion fruit-flavored Fanta!). There is also a MLK house (or museum/memorial kinda thing) that we want to catch this year, as well as the new aquarium. We would do Turner Field if we have the time, as it is somewhat out-of-the-way.

Yippee38 said:
The High Museum is pretty cool if you're into art.
Don't forget Six Flags (on Sunday).

Meh. That was my very first job, at age 16. I got kinda spoiled by being able to go into the park for free, and haven't paid to get in since. I've heard there've been some changes there since 1983. :lol:

Jurakan, Turner Field is accessible from the E1 station on the MARTA (I think it's Georgia State Station). It's about five long blocks due south of the station. I've walked it before, for Braves games, and it wasn't too bad.

I didn't mention Cheetah's because we were talkin' about cultchah. And besides, everyone here already knows about it. :)

Pyramaze51 said:
We are at the Residence Inn also, and a met up early before the pre-party sounds like a winner.

Also, i am making alternate plane reservations today. The thingy with the Delta pilots has me a little worried. If they strike then i will have to fly American or Frontier. oh well go from bad to good or great.
Cool. Been talkin' w/ my buddies, that I'm going up with, and we might do a get together in the room. Other than that, I'm sure others will have a room party as well, not to mention that we always see PP attendees in the lobby, the hall, and the breakfast room. We're all kinda easy to spot. Black t-shirt clad ladies and gentlemen surrounded by other hotel guests and workers that are a little wierded out. You'd think that they had never seen metalheads before. :lol:

Pyramaze51

I'll be flying in Thurs morning / early afternoon (don't have my plane tix yet). I'm staying at the Res Inn as well, and would be glad to meet up with anyone arriving at the same time. I'll be on MARTA as well - you really don't need a car there.

Steve in Philly

Okay it looks as if there will be lots of metal heads in the Atlanta airport on Thursday between 11:00am and 1:00pm so as the time gets closer we can all make plans to meet somewhere within the airport, all get together and hop the MARTA to the hotels, do a little before pre-party partying and then hit the pre-party. I can't wait, this is my first PP and hopefully not my last. So i will need a lot of help as to what to do and when. So i am depending on people like Steve in Philly, Tammy Z. and Hoyt, and Angela and others to get me through this amamzing get together.

Haven't even begun to look into airfare yet. Prolly gonna arrive Thursday, but then again seeing everyone going down for "pre-pre party" festivities makes me feel like I'm missing out on something (LOL).

I haven't bought a plane ticket either... I'm waiting for an AirTran web special to pop up. it'll probably happen 5 or 6 times between now and then.

Pellaz said:
Jurakan, Turner Field is accessible from the E1 station on the MARTA (I think it's Georgia State Station). It's about five long blocks due south of the station. I've walked it before, for Braves games, and it wasn't too bad.

They also have a Braves Shuttle from Five Points station. You just have to walk from the train through Underground, and not forget your bus transfer pass. :D