Travel Arrangements for ProgPower X

Drivin' down with Coldie n' Scott and will get there sometime Wed... and staying at the Inn at the Peachtrees... LOVE that place... KILLER courtyard...

We're flying out of San Jose at 6:15am Wednesday on Delta, non-stop, arriving in Atlanta at 2pm. We don't leave until 7:30pm on Sunday for another non-stop flight home..love those relaxed Sundays after a long weekend, & we'll still be home before 10pm. I've done that 'gotta be on MARTA by 7am Sunday morning' thing more than once, it was a killer.

We're at the GranadaArtmore too..count us in on the grocery run; as long as there are no flight delays, we should be there by 3pm cuz we're planning on just bringing carryons so getting out of the airport will be easy. Ann Marie, do you have my cell #? I have one for you but don't know if it's current..

Me, UnkaKev and Burke will be flying out of Boynton Beach Florida about 5 am on Wednesday. 600 miles at 100 mph will get us into Atlanta in 6 hours.

Wait. That can't be right.
Averaging that fast is illegal.

Leave at 5 am, get into ATL about one. Or two if we stop to eat real food instead of astronaut stuff.

I am on a US Airways flight that arrives at 3:46 PM on Wednesday. I head out on Sunday at 5:50 PM.

US Airways is the world's suckiest airline for redeeming frequent flier miles for free travel...but I *did* manage to snag an upgrade to First Class for this trip. Woo hoo!

We're staying at the Artmore. Somehow I managed to snag a room there, but we still have our original reservations for the Sucky 8 down the street. :lol:

Good idea. I called the Residence this week and they SWORE that my room was guaranteed. So I called the Artmore (which I had booked as soon as the dates were announced) to see if I could transfer my reservation over to someone else. They said they couldn't do that, because the hotel was overbooked. I'm sure they are overbooked *every* year...and then they get a lot of last-minute cancellations as people's plans change. Still, it's probably a good idea to have a backup plan!

I've done that, where I leave sunday at like 7am, fuck that. Never again. My sympathies.

:zombie: My flight out my first year was at about 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, and that still sucked! As you said, never again.

US Airways is the world's suckiest airline for redeeming frequent flier miles for free travel...but I *did* manage to snag an upgrade to First Class for this trip. Woo hoo!
I dunno, Delta has become major pricks over the last two years. Dave, Michelle and I have been in their FFplan for over 6 years and they've become more and more difficult to use. Going Continental One Pass next year. First class? Lucky girl!

So I called the Artmore (which I had booked as soon as the dates were announced) to see if I could transfer my reservation over to someone else. They said they couldn't do that, because the hotel was overbooked. I'm sure they are overbooked *every* year...and then they get a lot of last-minute cancellations as people's plans change. Still, it's probably a good idea to have a backup plan!
Yea, they do that every year, and it "usually" works out but I've seen people show up on Thursday with confirmed reservations and get the shaft. Another reason to arrive on Wednesday.

Yea, they do that every year, and it "usually" works out but I've seen people show up on Thursday with confirmed reservations and get the shaft. Another reason to arrive on Wednesday.

That's why I'm keeping my original reservation at the Super 8 down the street. But this year, if the Artmore is overbooked, where would they send us? Since they're not a Best Western anymore, they can't send us to another BW. I wonder how that would work this time? :loco:

I'll be in Atlanta on Tuesday....but I'll be leaving. At least temporarily.... :)
I'll be in Atlanta from the preceding Thursday up 'til Tuesday, staying downtown for Dragon*Con (I'm a director for the convention), going home that night, then to work on Wednesday and heading directly to the Midweek show Wednesday night.....

Driving home afterward, then driving down for good on Thursday and staying at the, uh, GrenArtmore. 2-BR suite, so I might have a bit of extra room if someone needs it depending on who else is staying there. I have a backup reservation at the Inn at the Peachtrees, since I know the history of the GrenArtmore. :)

Figures, I'm on the next one out, 1028.. are you sure it's 1026? mine leaves at 7:16 am....

It's 1026, not 1028 according to the Delta website. The flight now leaves at 7:16, I guess when I originally bought it the scheduled departure was a few minutes earlier. So it looks like all 3 of us are on the same flight.

That's why I'm keeping my original reservation at the Super 8 down the street. But this year, if the Artmore is overbooked, where would they send us? Since they're not a Best Western anymore, they can't send us to another BW. I wonder how that would work this time? :loco:

They sent us to the Colony Square hotel for a night last year (despite my already-paid-for reservation for one of the apartment rooms..which they gave to someone else). It was a nasty ass place; moldy stench from the AC, cigarette burns on the bedspread, & housekeeping pounding on the door despite the do not disturb sign, wtf. The Granada had one unhappy camper on their hands the next morning (and in their defense, did right by me quite promptly).

That said, it's hard to say if they've kept their connections to the same overflow hotels or not since changing from the Granada to the Artmore.