HOUSTON WE Have a Problem!!!!!

J-Dubya 777 said:
It looks like American is raising their prices via fuel surcharges, IIRC. I think proces may be going up this summer, especially if gas is $3+/per gallon.
It's still about $200 round trip from Milwaukee, I hate booking this early, but as Paranoid blares through my skull, I may have to lock in the lights tonight....

J-Dubya
Damn, thanks for the heads-up. I didn't want to book this early either, esp. since I wanted to use the Delta Sky miles, but I think it might be safer to just nail down Continental now. Better call Dave......

Same here Angela - Delta has always been my direct flight down to Atlanta for PP.

Tomorrow I fly on Delta to Atlanta, then on to Birmingham, AL to visit with my sibs for Easter. I was worried too when I heard news of the possible strike. According to what I've read, they won't do it until after Apr. 17th - so I at least am guaranteed a flight down there, if they strike, I guess I may have to find another carrier to go home on??? Either way, I still think it's up to Delta to find me alternative arrangements...

am_ash2 said:
Unfortunately for us, Delta is the only airlines that flies direct from Buffalo at a REASONABLE price...

When I lived in Jamestown I used to drive to Pittsburg to fly south. That is not a huge drive (2 hours?) and you might save more than enough to make up for the car expenses...

BABS said:
Same here Angela - Delta has always been my direct flight down to Atlanta for PP.

Either way, I still think it's up to Delta to find me alternative arrangements...

I wouldn't count on that. For Christmas 2004, when the snow storms hit Cincinnati, their answer was "good luck!" after they cancelled our flight (which was a couple days AFTER the storm).

With that STELLAR customer service, I do try to avoid Delta (I think it was the multiple hours waiting in line only to be told "No flights, good luck.")... but until recently my only other direct flight option was Northwest, and they're in as bad a shape as Delta. (Recently AirTran started flying to Detroit, and Atlanta is their hub, as well.)

Seeeee you in September!

Greykiller said:
When I lived in Jamestown I used to drive to Pittsburg to fly south. That is not a huge drive (2 hours?) and you might save more than enough to make up for the car expenses...
Pittsburgh is about 3-3 1/2 hours from us as opposed to 1 1/2 to Buffalo. It used to be worth it to drive up to Toronto (3 hrs.) but with their dollar being worth more than ours now, that is NOT a possibility. I'll just have to sweat it out with everyone else.
Good luck on your trip Babs! Remember: Evergrey, Buffalo 5/5. Send me a message and let me know if you still are thinking about going. We have an extra ticket by the looks of it.

We decided to play it safe and take Air Tran from Philly instead of Delta from Allentown, PA. Air Tran's flights were booking up fast, too. We booked our flight last friday. Also, it was $97 cheaper per person to fly out of Philly on Air Tran compared to Allentown.