How big is your metal collection?

CD: About 80 - 100 metal related ones
TAPE: 20 or so
VINYL: 200 metal vinyls, approx.
MP3: About 30, 000 including ripped albums that I own
Burnt: About 200, most of which I now own or plan to own
DVD: 12 I think

Yes, I download a lot of music, but that's only to hold me over until I can buy the album. I plan to purchase every album I've downloaded that I have enjoyed as a way of showing my respect to the musicians who created that album.

Ok I will sound like a fucking asshole by sayin this, but who fucking cares how many records one has? Is it a tribute to how much money one has wasted on music, or a strange need to collect everything? SOme form of crass materialism? A way to show off ones taste?

speed said:
Ok I will sound like a fucking asshole by sayin this, but who fucking cares how many records one has? Is it a tribute to how much money one has wasted on music, or a strange need to collect everything? SOme form of crass materialism? A way to show off ones taste?

Since when was buying CDs 'wasting money'? Really, this thread was probably made out of curiousity, like most threads.

speed said:
Is it a tribute to how much money one has wasted on music, or a strange need to collect everything? SOme form of crass materialism? A way to show off ones taste?
Yes to all.

I only have about 40 (non-burned) cd's, but my vinyl count stands around 1,500 or so - it's listed at http://www.geocities.com/skullguy23/recs.html. And I've probably got about 300 cassettes, half originals and half dubbed. And a shitload of bootleg vhs videos.

829 between CDs (mostly) and vinyls (a few). No tapes, no demos, one bootleg (good pressing not a CD-R), two unofficial pressings and one CD-R (but I'm looking for the original still :D ).

Basically everything is metal, prog, a bit of jazz/fusion, some old rock'n'roll.

I'm not counting the family classical and alike music collection of vinyls, tapes and CDs.

P.S. There are three more CDs in transit so i'm counting them :loco:

about 10 GB of mp3 (some 4000 songs).
I dont buy cd's bcuz I either listen music from the computer or through my mp3 player....