The worst dog in your collection?

Disciple of Plato: I think I put such a high standard on Dream Theater, becuase of just how talented each band member is. The keyboardist anf drummer went to Julliard right? And yet they know so little about music. I;ve been told they arent just throwing stuff together, thats its related to 70's prog rock- but I am not an expert on 70's prog rock- but Ive heard some king crimson, and they understand music- dream theater doesnt.

Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast
Cradle of Filth - From the Cradle to Enslave
Danzig - Danzig 5
Enthroned - Regie Sathanas: A Tribute to Cernunnos
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Entombed - Family Favourites
Sepultura - Roots
Sepultura - Blood Rooted
Sepultura - Against
Sepultura - Nation
Sepultura - Roorback

Disciple of Plato: I think I put such a high standard on Dream Theater, becuase of just how talented each band member is. The keyboardist anf drummer went to Julliard right? And yet they know so little about music. I;ve been told they arent just throwing stuff together, thats its related to 70's prog rock- but I am not an expert on 70's prog rock- but Ive heard some king crimson, and they understand music- dream theater doesnt.

Yeah well, we definitely disagree. I'm a huge fan of King Crimson myself, as well as many other legendary prog bands, such as Rush, Yes, Fates Warning, etc. It's true that Dream Theater shares a lot of INSPIRATION from the 70s prog genre, but that doesn't mean they aren't innovative. Hell, they sure as hell can innovate, just listen to any two DT albums, and although they'll both sound like Dream Theater, I assure you they'll sound VERY different, but definitely in a good way, not in a selling-out re-inventing-themselves kinda way. I believe they DO in fact know their music very well, and yet you disagree. I don't think there's anyway of convincing you otherwise, so as they always say, each to his own...

Since I got rid of that Hammerfall album, I'm really not sure...the almost totally useless second disc of Queensrÿche's Live Evolution has a shot at it, as does the coma-inducing assterpiece that is Iced Earth's Dark Saga (thank Jeebus for "Question of Heaven" and "The Hunter.") But in the end, I'm gonna have to give the award to Blind Guardian's A Night At the Opera. Fourteen minutes of pure awesome in "And Then There Was Silence," and then two semesters of "Classically-Influence Suckitude 101." Fuck it, I'm gonna sell that and buy the ATTWS single.

Cannibalistic said:
Cradle of Filth - Cruelty and the Beast
Cradle of Filth - From the Cradle to Enslave
Danzig - Danzig 5
Enthroned - Regie Sathanas: A Tribute to Cernunnos
Entombed - Wolverine Blues
Entombed - Family Favourites
Sepultura - Roots
Sepultura - Blood Rooted
Sepultura - Against
Sepultura - Nation
Sepultura - Roorback

Do you have a brain? You've HATED all Sepultura's albums since Chaos AD so you went out and bought Roorback? :guh: That makes a lot of sense....

I dont hate dream theater- i still will listen to every new cd of theirs, I just think they are throwing away their talent.

Pyrus said:
Since I got rid of that Hammerfall album, I'm really not sure...the almost totally useless second disc of Queensrÿche's Live Evolution has a shot at it, as does the coma-inducing assterpiece that is Iced Earth's Dark Saga (thank Jeebus for "Question of Heaven" and "The Hunter.") But in the end, I'm gonna have to give the award to Blind Guardian's A Night At the Opera. Fourteen minutes of pure awesome in "And Then There Was Silence," and then two semesters of "Classically-Influence Suckitude 101." Fuck it, I'm gonna sell that and buy the ATTWS single.

Umm, Dark Saga is actually a great album, at least IMO.

Yeah Dark saga is one of my least favorites by them easiy, but still worth the purchase I'd say. I'm also not the biggest fan of Something Wicked, but many other people say it's their favorite.

As for CD's I don't like all that much...Napalm Death's Scum. I'm not a fan of songs being so short, but other than that it was alright. Some of the vocals I didn't care for.

Spock's Beard - Snow. Most boring album ever. I listened to it one time then put it away since.

Blue Man Group - Complex. Loved Audio then I got this and it was more singing, boring song structures and overall more like pop music and less like groovy ass tube playing shit.

Gory Elephant said:
Heh! These are precisely the reasons why it appeals to me!!

Production I can take or leave, but simplicity and repetition often makes the best metal.
Ok. I listened to it again. The only song that I think is really bad is As Flittermice As Satan Spys. It is pretty much just one three note riff the whole way through, and it even sounds like the guitars are out of tune with each other at times. That is the song that gave me such a bad overall impression of the CD.